WhatsApp is the number one social messaging application right now and it doesn’t stop there. WhatsApp some time ago introduced WhatsApp for business meaning there is a lot more at stake if you get hacked. In this guide, I’ll show you How to Stop Someone from Using Your WhatsApp.
Is Someone Spying on My WhatsApp?
Applications are getting more and more complex these days. Yeah, so are hacks and other individuals getting more intelligent to break into those apps.
If you are not very careful you may fall victim to hackers and they may be reading your WhatsApp messages without you knowing. They can even send receive and delete messages on your behalf or scam your WhatsApp contacts without you knowing.
One of the major ways that people gain access to the WhatsApp account of others is by scanning their account on the WhatsApp Web.
Once your account has been logged in on a computer the person now has full access to your WhatsApp and can do with it what they will. The good news is that there are various ways to stop people from using your account. Now, lets head over to where You’ll learn How to Check if Someone Else is Using Your WhatsApp Account and how to Stop it.
How to Check if Someone Else is Using Your WhatsApp Account
No doubt, someone might be using your WhatsApp account without you knowing, however, there are things that you can do to stop it for sure. WhatsApp tries its best to secure users’ accounts. They do this with features like only one login at a time and a two-factor authentication method.
The problem is that no application is perfect and vulnerabilities can be found and taken advantage of. So if you think there are suspicious activities in your account here is how to know for sure
How to Check if Someone is Using Your WhatsApp Web to be Able to Stop Them
It might be that someone has gained access to your account via WhatsApp web. If you are not using your account on WhatsApp web you can easily know if someone is using it on there.
Now, on the other hand, if you using your account on WhatsApp web you might find more than one browser tab using the account. To do this tap on the three “vertical ellipsis” and select “WhatsApp Web.” Surely, if You know how to do this, You’ll be able to Stop Someone from Using Your WhatsApp.
How to Check Your WhatsApp Activity
While there are various ways to easily know if someone is using your WhatsApp account if you do not use the app very much it will be difficult. But there are very easy ways to spot someone using your account by checking your WhatsApp activity. To do this carry out the below activities:
- Check for messages that you didn’t send.
- Check for messages that were sent to you and you don’t recall reading or replying to.
- Repeat the Check process if there are people you chat with that you don’t recall chatting with.
- Check your contact info if it is different from what you set up.
- Review your “Last active…”
- Check for new contacts you didn’t add.
Now, by carrying out some or all of these processes you will be able to determine if someone else is using your WhatsApp account and how to stop it. Now after finding out and you are sure someone is using your account it’s time to take things to the next level.
How to Stop Someone from Using Your WhatsApp
If you are sure that someone else is making use of your WhatsApp account there are different ways to stop them from doing so. I have explained some of the best ways to stop someone from using your WhatsApp account Below:
- Firstly, Log Out of Whatsapp Web – To do this tap on the three vertical dots and select linked devices. Tap on WhatsApp web and select Log out of all devices.
- Now, Enable Two-Step Verification – Enabling this will let WhatsApp require a code sent to use before anyone can log in to your WhatsApp account. To do this tap on the three dots at the top-right and go to Settings, select accounts, and “Enable two-step verification.”
- Lastly, Email WhatsApp – This is pretty much easy to do, all you have to do is email WhatsApp support to deactivate your account. Do it like this “Lost/stolen: Please deactivate my account.” Don’t forget to add your phone number in its international version and send it to email@example.com.
- How to Know or Find Out if Your Partner is on Facebook Dating
- How to Get the New Year Theme on Your Facebook Messenger Account
- 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in the Second Week of January
- How to Tell if Someone is Looking at Your Facebook Page
- How to Block Someone on Facebook via App and Website
- Reasons Why You Can’t Open Your Facebook Dating Messages
- How to Read Facebook Messenger Messages Without Them Knowing or Being Seen
- How to View and Remove/Delete All Your Pokes from Facebook
- Reasons Why You can’t Find Someone on Your Facebook Account but on Messenger
- How to Get Facebook Dating Back After Deleting Your Profile (Not Entire FB Account)
- 20 Intriguing Happy New Month Text Messages for Your Husband This Year