This informs the public about the Women Breakthrough Award 2023 for Female scientists. Details about the Scholarship are given below.
About Women Breakthrough Award 2023
Launched together by Falling Walls Female Science Talents and the Elsevier Foundation, the Women Breakthrough Award distinguishes three women scientists each year who conduct visionary research while also engaging with issues of gender equity and equality in science.
With the Women Breakthrough Award, we look for women* from science, conducting a research project in one of the fields related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We seek exceptional talents who conduct interdisciplinary, groundbreaking research in their field and contribute to gender equality and diversity in science and academia.
Who Can Nominate
- Universities and research institutions
- Companies with research labs
- Scientific foundations
- Partner organisations of Falling Walls
- Leading scientists in their field
Who Can be Nominated
You can nominate someone else or self-nominate as an individual.
We welcome submissions from women researchers from all around the world who:
- Tackle a specific gender related topic;
- Or incorporate the gender equality into the design of their research;
- Or enable and empowers people around them with their research or the design of their research;
- And conduct a research project directly connected to one of the 17 SDGs.
- Researchers who are at the final stage of their project from all disciplines, including the arts, at university and non-university research institutions worldwide — PhD (late stage), Postdoctoral Researchers and Junior Professors, or similar level;
- Women from science and industry conducting a research on one issue related to the 17 SDGs;
- The research project must be running and active at the time of the submission. Being in the funding or ideation phase is not considered as a running research project;
- The nominee must be 18 years or older when submitting the application.
Please note that all nominations have to be submitted in English.
How To Nominate?
- STEP 1: Click on the button above “Nominate Here”.
- STEP 2: Fill in your nomination, self-nomination, or complete your nominee submission.
- STEP 3: Nominees will get a email with further information regarding the competition process.
For those interested in Women Breakthrough Award 2023, open this link to nominate.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 May 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Women Breakthrough Award 2023.