Social Studies prepares studies to into society by giving them knowledge about the culture or way of life of their society. The subject is broad and some WAEC candidates will take it in their upcoming examination. The WAEC Syllabus for Social Studies is what you will get in this post.
From research made, WAEC set its questions from subjects in the syllabus and this is why this document is important. You will get to know about the WAEC Syllabus in this post and also the steps on how to use this document.
Everything You Need to Know About the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC (West African Examination Council) syllabus is an official document that contains topics that students would have to cover while studying for their exams. it is very important because questions in the examination might come from it. It is also a pdf and it is available for all the subjects that you would take in the exam.
In each of the topics, you would find objectives that you would have to study with and also meet. This is because the objectives contain the key points that can be found in each of the topics.
Reasons for the WAEC Syllabus
This Syllabus was released for a lot of reasons and so students should endeavour to note them out. But the WAEC Syllabus is specifically meant to guide students that would take part in the examination. They would also tend to gain a lot from using WAEC Syllabus.
Who Can Use the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC is normally taken by five west African Countries which are Nigerian, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia. So, students that are from these countries that would be partaking in the examination are free to use this syllabus. Teachers are also allowed to use the WAEC Syllabus.
How to Use the WAEC Syllabus
To use this document, you would first need to download the pdf for the nine subjects that you would take in your examination. After this, you would have to study the topics in them with detailed textbooks. You should also ensure that you meet the objectives in them to help improve your understanding.
WAEC 2022 Syllabus for Social Studies
The WAEC Syllabus for Social Studies is what you will get below and you are meant to use this document to study for your WASSCE & GCE exam. There are topics in the syllabus for Social Studies that questions will come from.
This examination syllabus is aimed at testing candidates’
- Understanding of the components of positive attitudes and values towards individual and societal issues
- Knowledge of the components of society and their role
- Understanding of the democratic values and how they foster national unity
- Understanding of the importance of the institution of marriage and family and their importance to society
- Understanding of positive self-concept for the development of the individual, good inter-personal relationships and social harmony
- Awareness of socializing agencies and their roles in forging national unity
- Understanding of physical and social environment and the need to preserve them
- Awareness of socio-economic problems in Ghana and how to solve them for sustainable development
- Ability to cope with the problems of social change
CLICK THIS LINK TO GET THE WAEC SYLLABUS FOR SOCIAL STUDIES.
- Reasons Why You can’t Find Someone on Your Facebook Account but on Messenger
- JAMB and WAEC/O’Level Subject Combination for Food Engineering
- How to Undo a Hidden Post on Your Facebook Account Timeline
- WAEC Syllabus PDF Download Link for All Subjects