Those that want to study Applied Geology are to consider the Universities offering this course in Nigeria, and choose one to attend. However, they should not just consider the universities offering this course. But also, they should check out their respective admission requirements.
Meanwhile, this post will also give You details about this course. Furthermore, it will bring the subject combination for Applied Geology and also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Applied Geology
- Firstly, Applied Ecology is a course that refers to the use of geology to solve human problems in which geological factors plays a part.
- Secondly, it is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers also, this depends on the mode of entry of students.
- Thirdly, you are to know that Applied Geology is not a very competitive course and students will not find it difficult to gain admission to the Universities in Nigeria Offering the programme.
- Fourthly, it is a science course and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fifthly, according to JAMB, this course is under the faculty of science, but this might be different in some universities.
- Sixthly, job availability for one with a degree in Applied Geology is low but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
Subject Combination for Applied Geology
Also, it is important that students consider the Subject Combination for Applied Geology as it is important. Meanwhile, you should know that some students’ courses are changed because of the combination of wrong subjects. You can click this link to get the subject combination for this course.
Full List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Applied Geology
There are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Applied Geology. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study this course.
Here, students should also consider the schools that offer this course in the country as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Applied Geology in Nigeria, in addition to this, they will be in different categories.
Federal Universities in Nigeria Offering Applied Geology
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for this course is 150. Whereas, some federal and state university cut-offs might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.