One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Tourism Studies in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Tourism Studies. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Tourism Studies
- Firstly, Tourism Studies is a course that treats its study and research area as a whole, where physical, economic, cultural and social aspects of tourism, tourism markets and destinations are the main cornerstone of learning.
- Secondly, Tourism Studies is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this depends on the mode of entry of students. Also, this is also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, it is an art and commercial course and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Tourism Studies is low but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
- Sixthly, according to JAMB, Tourism Studies is under the faculty of administration but this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Tourism Studies
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Tourism Studies? You are in the right place, as You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Tourism Studies in WAEC.
- English Language
- Any two art or social science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Tourism Studies should include.
- English Language
- Any art or social science subject
List of Universities Offering Tourism Studies in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Tourism Studies. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Tourism Studies.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Tourism Studies in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Tourism Studies in Nigeria.
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, IBUSA, DELTA STATE – ADUN
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Tourism Studies is 150. Whereas, some federal university cut-offs might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Pure and Industrial Chemistry
- Full List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Applied Botany
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Teacher Education