One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC—notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of the wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Public Health in this post.
Also, you should note that the subject combinations of the two courses might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Public Health. Bring the universities offering it; meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Public Health
- Firstly, Public Health is a course that will take students about five years at the University. But this depends on the mode of entry of students, and it’s also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is a science course, which is suitable for only this set of students.
- Thirdly, It is a competitive course, and students might find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, job availability for one with a degree in Public Health is high and competitive. Students should graduate with an excellent degree to quickly secure a job.
- Fifthly, according to JAMB, Public Health is under the medical, pharmaceutical and health science faculty, but this might differ in some universities.
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Public Health? If So, You are in the right place, as You will get them here. This is important for students who want to study this course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Public Health
You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Public Health.
- English Language
JAMB Subject Combination for Public Health
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and English is compulsory. Also, this examination is responsible for students’ admission into the University. The JAMB subject combination for Public Health should include.
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Public Health in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where Students can choose to study Public Health. But it all comes down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to Public Health.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Public Health in Nigeria as they are essential. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities, like their admission requirements, school fees and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below, find the universities offering public health in Nigeria.
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Public Health is 150. Some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students must check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the university post-UTME.