One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Linguistics and Nigerian Languages in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Linguistics and Nigerian Languages. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- Firstly, Linguistics is the study of language and its structure.
- Secondly, Linguistics and Nigerian Languages is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this depends on the mode of entry of students and it’s also possible is there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is an art and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, job availability for one with a degree in Linguistics and Nigerian Languages is high and competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
- Fifthly, according to JAMB, Linguistics and Nigerian Languages is under the faculty of art but this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Linguistics and Nigerian Languages? They are what You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Linguistics and Nigerian Languages in WAEC.
- English Language
- Any other three art or social science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Linguistics and Nigerian Languages should include.
- English Language
- Any three Art or social science subjects
List of Universities Offering Linguistics and Nigerian Languages in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Linguistics and Nigerian Languages. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Linguistics and Nigerian Languages.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Linguistics and Nigerian Languages in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Linguistics and Nigerian Languages in Nigeria.
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – UNIPORT
- UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE – UAT
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Linguistics and Nigerian Languages is 150. Whereas, some federal university cut-offs might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Cyber Computer Science
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Political Science and Diplomacy
- Subject Combination for Radiography and Radiation Science