One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Development Studies in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Development Studies. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Development Studies
- Firstly, Development Studies is a course that involves the understanding of the current pollical landscape by examining its origins.
- Secondly, Development Studies is a course that will take students about four years at the university. However, this depends on the mode of entry of students and also if there are carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is an art and social science course and it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, it is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Development Studies is high and competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to secure a job easily.
- Sixthly, according to JAMB, Development Studies is under the faculty of Social and Management Studies. However, this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Development Studies
If You are looking for the Subject Combination for Development Studies in JAMB & WAEC, You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) You need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Development Studies.
- English Language
- Any two social science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) You need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Development Studies should include.
- English Language
- Any social science subjects
List of Universities Offering Development Studies in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Development Studies. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to Development Studies.
Here, students should consider the universities offering Development Studies in Nigeria as they are important. They should also carry out studies about the universities like the admission requirement, school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below You will get to know the universities Offering Development Studies in Nigeria.
- EDUSOKO UNIVERSITY
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Development Studies is 140. Whereas, some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Local Government and Development Studies
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Entrepreneurship