The Subject Combination in JAMB and WAEC is one of the admission requirements that universities need. Notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of the wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies in this post.
Also, you should note that two course subject combinations might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Economics and Development Studies, bring the universities offering this course, and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Economics and Development Studies
- Firstly, the Economics and Development Studies course will take students about four years at the University. However, this is only possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is an art course, which is suitable for only this set of students.
- Thirdly, Economics and Development Studies are not very competitive, and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, job opportunities for one with a degree in Economics and Development Studies are highly competitive. Students should graduate with an excellent degree to secure a job quickly.
Furthermore, there are some available careers for one with a degree in Economics and Development Studies.
- Business or Government Consultant.
- Community Development Worker.
- Development Officer.
- Economic Development Advisor/Officer.
- Economic Policy Analyst.
- Ecotourism Guide/Agent.
- Foreign Service Officer.
Are you seeking the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies? If so, You will get them below. This is important for students who want to study this course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies
You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies in WAEC
- English Language
- Any two art or social science subjects
JAMB Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and English is compulsory. Also, this examination is responsible for students’ admission into the University. The JAMB subject combination for Economics and Development Studies should include
- English Language
- Any two art subjects
List of Universities Offering Economics and Development Studies in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where Students can choose to study Economics and Development Studies. But it all comes down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Economics and Development Studies.
Students should also consider the Universities Offering Economics and Development Studies in Nigeria as they are essential. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities, like their admission requirements, school fees and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below are the universities offering economics and development studies in Nigeria.
- The FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Economics and Development Studies is 150. However, some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. So, students must check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the University Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Applied Biology
- Subject Combination for Education and English Language
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Physical Education