The Subject Combination in JAMB and WAEC is one of the admission requirements that universities need. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Economics and Development Studies, bring the universities offering this course and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Economics and Development Studies
- Firstly, Economics and Development Studies is a course that will take students about four years at the university. However, this is only possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is an art course and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Thirdly, Economics and Development Studies is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, job opportunities available for one with a degree in Economics and Development Studies are high but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to secure a job easily.
Furthermore, these are some of the available careers for one with a degree in Economics and Development Studies.
- Business or Government Consultant.
- Community Development Worker.
- Development Officer.
- Economic Development Advisor/Officer.
- Economic Policy Analyst.
- Ecotourism Guide/Agent.
- Foreign Service Officer.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies? If so, You will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Economics and Development Studies in WAEC
- English Language
- Any two art or social science subject
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Economics and Development Studies should include
- English Language
- Any two art subjects
List of Universities Offering Economics and Development Studies in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Economics and Development Studies. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Economics and Development Studies.
Here, students should also consider the Universities Offering Economics and Development Studies in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Economics and Development Studies in Nigeria
- The FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Economics and Development Studies is 150. But some federal and state universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Applied Biology
- Subject Combination for Education and English Language
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Physical Education