One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC—notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of the wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics in this post.
Also, you should note that the subject combinations of the two courses might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Agricultural Economics. Bring the universities offering it; meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Agricultural Economics
- Firstly, Agricultural Economics is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers. This also depends on the mode of entry.
- Secondly, it is a very competitive course, and students might find the entrance difficult.
- Thirdly, it is a science course suitable only for this set of students.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Agricultural Economics is under the faculty of agriculture. However, this might be different in some universities.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Agricultural Economics is low but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a degree to secure a job quickly.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Agricultural Economics? If so, You will get them here. This is important for students who want to study this course. You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council).
You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics in WAEC.
- English Language
- Biology or Agriculture Science
- Geography or Economics
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and English is compulsory. Also, this examination is responsible for students’ admission into the university—the JAMB subject combination Agricultural Economics should be included.
- English Language
- Biology or Agricultural Science
- Mathematics or Physics
List of Universities Offering Agricultural Economics in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where Students can choose to study Agricultural Economics. But it all comes down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to Agricultural Economics.
Students should also consider the Universities Offering Agricultural Economics in Nigeria as they are essential. Thus, they should also study universities, such as their admission requirements, school fees, and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below, find the universities offering agricultural economics in Nigeria.
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNN – UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
Admission RequirementsThee JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Agricultural Economics is 150. At the same time, some federal university cut-offs might be 180 and 200. So, students must check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the university post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Agricultural Extension
- Subject Combination for (O’Level) Agric-Extension and Rural Sociology