Engineering has been one of the best courses and one of the most competitive courses to study in the country. There are also various engineering fields, but Mechatronics Engineering will be discussed below. Mechatronics Engineering is a very competitive course, and also the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering, so you should read on.
Mechatronics Engineering is a course that brings together computer, mechanical, electronic and robotics engineering together. This article will cover the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering, tell you what you need to know about the course, provide the list of universities offering Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria and also give the admission requirements for the system.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know About Mechatronics Engineering
Mechatronics Engineering is a science course and a branch of engineering and an exciting approach to study. The course deals with the combination of robotic, electrical, computer and mechanical engineering to compose stages of the design and production process into a single system. It will typically take four years to study the course without any carryovers.
It also has a lot of advantages as there are a lot of Job opportunities available for one with a degree in this course. The Job one can get with a degree in Mechatronics Engineering include
- Instrumentation engineer
- Control system design/troubleshooting engineer
- Robotics engineer/technician
- Software engineer
- Data scientist/prominent data analyst
These are some of the job opportunities available for the course, but also a lot more open.
Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering will be under the science subject because the course is a science course. For the WAEC (West African Examination Council), five credits are usually needed, but the issue differs according to the various systems.
WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering
Below is the subject combination for Mechatronics Engineering in WAEC English Language
- Biology or any other science subject
JAMB Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering
These are the needed subjects in WAEC, while that of JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) will include
- English Language
List of Universities offering Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria
Various universities are offering Mechatronics Engineering in the country, but they all may have different cut-off marks. Below is the list of universities offering the course in the country
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
Candidates who apply for the course in the university are expected to score up to 160 in JAMB, as that is the cut-off mark. Five credits are also expected from the student in WAEC or NECO, the minor grade needed in WAEC. For a better chance of admission, it is likely that candidates score above 200 in JAMB and also pass the post-UTME cut-off mark in the various universities.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Physiotherapy
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Estate Management
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Philosophy