Engineering has been one of the best courses and one of the most competitive courses to study in the country. There are also various fields of engineering but Mechatronics Engineering will be discussed below. Mechatronics Engineering is a very competitive course and also the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering then you should read on.
Mechatronics Engineering is a course that brings together computer, mechanical, electronic and robotics engineering together. This article will cover JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering, tell you what you need to know about the course, provide the list of universities offering Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria and also give the admission requirement for the course.
What You Need to Know About Mechatronics Engineering
Mechatronics Engineering is a science course and a branch of engineering and a very interesting course to study. The course deals with the combination of robotic, electrical, computer and mechanical engineering to compose stages of the design and production process into a single system. It will normally take four years to study the course without any carryovers.
It also has a lot of advantage as there are a lot of Jobs opportunities available for one with a degree in this course. The Job one can get with a degree in Mechatronics Engineering include
- Instrumentation engineer
- Control system design/troubleshooting engineer
- Robotics engineer/technician
- Software engineer
- Data scientist/big data analyst
These are some of the job opportunities available for the course but there are also a lot more available.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering will be under science subject because the course is a science course. For that of WAEC (West African Examination Council), five credits are normally needed but the subject differs according to the various courses. Below is the subject combination for Mechatronics Engineering in WAEC English Language
- Biology or any other science subject
These are the needed subject in WAEC, while that of JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) will includes
- English Language
List of Universities offering Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria
There are various universities offering Mechatronics Engineering in the country but all of them may have their different cut off mark. Below is the list of universities offering the course in the country
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
Candidates who are to apply for the course in the university are expected to score up to 160 in JAMB as that is the cut-off mark. Five credits are also expected from the student in WAEC or in NECO that that is the least grade needed in WAEC. For a better chance of admission, it is expected that candidates score above 200 in JAMB and also pass the Post-UTME cut-off mark in the various universities.