The subject combination needed to study mathematics may be different from the ones needed to study chemistry. Mathematic is also a broad subject with a lot of course and among the various course, Industrial Mathematics is among the best. It is a science course and very competitive and if you would like to know the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Industrial Mathematics then you should read on.
Industrial Mathematics is a very interesting course to study with a lot of careers and job opportunities available. This page will cover the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Industrial Mathematics, the list of universities offering the course, tell you what you need to know about the course and also give the admission requirement needed to study Industrial Mathematics in the university.
What You Need to Know About Industrial Mathematics
Industrial Mathematics deals with advancing mathematical methods and applying them to science, engineering, industry and also society. It is a branch of applied mathematics with theoretical topics from various courses including biology, physics, and chemistry. It will take four years to study the course in any of the Nigerian universities if there are no carryovers.
There is also a lot of career path available for the one with a degree in Industrial Mathematics and the Jobs opportunities. Industrial Mathematicians also apply statistical models to increase the growth of business and they are also needed in a lot of industry including computer-based industry and factories.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Industrial Mathematics
Industrial Mathematics is a science course and so the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Industrial Mathematics will fall under science subjects. The five subjects needed in WAEC (West African Examination Council) will include
- English Language
- Biology or Economics
These five subjects must be included in WAEC to study the course, while that of JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) will be
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Industrial Mathematics in Nigeria
There are over 15 universities in Nigeria that offer Industrial Mathematics in the country and also the Post-UTME cut-off mark for the course in the various universities varies. Below is the list of universities offering Industrial Mathematics in Nigeria
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, IBUSA, DELTA STATE
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE
- MICHAEL AND CECILIA IBRU UNIVERSITY, OWHRODE, DELTA STATE
- PRECIOUS CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE
All these universities on the list are the universities offering industrial mathematics in the country.
The cut-off mark for JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) for industrial mathematics is 160. It would be better to score up to 200 in JAMB for a better chance of admission as the course is a very competitive course. Five credits are also required in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council).