Facebook dating is no doubt an amazing place to find love. However, there are several unanswered questions that still plague the Facebook dating feature, though it has been around for about 3 years now. One of those questions that have been seriously plaguing individuals is “how to make your gender visible on Facebook dating”.
Facebook Dating is one of the best places that can guarantee you a date for yourself irrespective of your Gender. That is why I have put together this article to let you determine whether or not you can make your gender visible on Facebook dating.
How Facebook Dating Privacy Matters Affects Gender Visibility
To answer your question “How to Make Your Gender Visible on Facebook Dating” as easy and simple as possible, there is no way possible on this earth to make your gender visible on Facebook dating. There have been so many questions about gender visibility and Facebook’s answer has always been the same. This is the fact that you cannot make your gender visible as part of Facebook dating privacy policies.
This is what Facebook says exactly “We don’t show your gender identity or your gender preferences on your Dating profile. You can choose to see potential matches that are members of the same Facebook groups as you or are interested in the same Facebook public events as you.”
When you create a Facebook dating profile according to Facebook some of the information’s and transferred from your normal profile to dating. However, your gender identity is never transferred and is not visible and cannot be seen by people you are matched with.
What Else Can You Do Other Than to Show Your Gender on Facebook Dating?
For starters even if your gender is not shown your potential matches can still know your gender from first of all your profile picture. Another way to know your gender is to check your Facebook profile not your dating profile this time around. If your matches are still confused about which gender you are they can simply do a check on your Facebook profile.
How to Change Your Facebook Dating Gender
Now irrespective of whatever gender you are you can make changes to it even after opening your Facebook account. Follow the below procedure to do so:
- First of all sign in to Facebook with your web browser
- Locate your profile and tap on About.
- Now select Contact and Basic Info.
- Click on the edit icon that is next to your gender and select from the list of genders.
- Finally, use the Facebook privacy button to determine who can view your gender.
- How to Contact a Facebook Dating Match on Your Account in 2021
- How to Change Your Profile Visibility on Facebook Dating
- How to Tell if Someone Blocked You on Facebook Dating
- How to Get Facebook Dating Back After Deleting Your Profile (Not Entire FB Account)