Are you looking for good movies to watch this May on Disney Plus? Then this article meets you well. This article provides the best guide for you to watch good Disney plus May movies.
Disney+ is a good movie site to keep you entertained. It is among the best streaming platform with a wide range of different movie genres to pick from.
So if you don’t know what to watch from the site, we have curated some of the best movies with different genres to suit your taste.
Table of Contents
15 Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this 2023 May
May 2023 is already here and there are a lot of good movies to watch on Disney Plus that will make Your month a whole lot more fun. So, what You will get below are some of the best movies that You can check out on Disney Plus this May.
- Director: Ryan Coogler
- Casts: Letitia Wright, Angeler Bassett, Lupita Nyong’O, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke.
- Genre: Action, Thriller.
The movie centres on the grief that comes with the passing of the king, King T’Challa. The Queen mother takes it upon herself to do whatever it takes to bring back a new Black Panther and Wakanda.
2. Turning Red
- Director: Domen Shi
- Casts: Rosalie Chiang, Sandra Oh, Ava Morse, Hyein Park, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.
- Genre: Coming Of Age Comedy.
This is a coming-of-age comedy-drama centred on a teenager with a teenage rebellious spirit. Mei Lee sets to go to the biggest concert in the town, however, Mei Lee soon discovers a family secret and she turns into a red big bear when she gets emotional.
Now, she is faced with struggling to tell her overprotective mom and also how to attend the concert without turning into a big red bear.
3. Free Guy Can be One of the Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this May
- Director: Shawn Levy.
- Casts: Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Joe Keery.
- Genre: Sci-Fi, Comedy, Adventure.
- Duration: 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Free Guy is a story in which the main character is based on a video game. A guy is a video game character in free city but he soon realizes his so-called perfect life is a game that has been on repeat and needs a way to free himself and stop the gaming CEO from the danger he is planning on free city.
- Director: Alastair Fothergill, Keith Scholey.
- Casts: John C. Reilly.
- Genre: Documentary.
- Duration: 1 hour, 18 minutes.
Bears is a beautiful documentary on a family of bears. The movie starts with a brown bear who awaits the family to wake from their hibernation and later takes them on the search for food and teaches them the survival skill of the forest.
This is not a movie. It’s a documentary and it is the perfect watch for people tired of watching dramas, action or comedy but are keen on nature, especially wildlife.
- Director: Rich Moore.
- Casts: John C Reilly, Animation, Comedy, Adventure.
- Genre: Comedy, Adventure, Family, Animation.
- Duration: 1 hour, 41 minutes.
Ralph is a video game antagonist but he gets bored of playing the villain every time and decides to play the hero path. He soon sets himself on a journey to become the hero. However, some group of video game players tags along with him. But are they ready to face the world? Get your answer on Disney+.
6. A Star Wars Story Can be Among the Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this May
- Director: Ron Howard.
- Casts: Alden Ehrenreich, Joonas Suotamo, Woody Harrelson.
- Genre: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action.
- Duration: 2 hours, 15 minutes.
This is a story about Han. Han who is a street kid will later grow up to be an infamous talented bounty hunter. He will be matched with a good partner.
Find out more on Bbc iPlayer.
7. Home Alone
- Director: Chris Columbus.
- Casts: Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern.
- Genre: Comedy, Family.
- Duration: 1 hour, 43 minutes.
This is a very popular and funny movie to keep you smiling all day. Kelvin is the youngest son of the McAllister family who is left behind when the family goes on a holiday vacation.
While he is happy and enjoying the house all to himself, danger seems to be lurking around waiting for him as three thieves are planning on robbing the house since it’s devoid of occupants. But will the thieves succeed? Or will Kelvin outsmart them?
8. Toy Story
- Director: John Lasseter.
- Casts: Animation, Adventure, Family, Comedy.
- Genre: Comedy, Adventure, Family, Animation.
- Duration: 1 hour, 21 minutes.
Woody is a toy. The favourite toy of his owner, a small boy named Andy. Everything seems perfectly fine until Andy forgets all about Woody when he reposition his focus on a new toy called Buzz Lightyear. Jealousy and hate all mixed together will cause the two toys to be in constant fight and rivalry until their lives will face danger.
9. Who Framed Roger Rabbit Can be Among the Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this May
- Director: Robert Zemeckis.
- Casts: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanne Cassidy.
- Genre: Family, Crime, Comedy, Animation, Fantasy.
- Duration: 1 hour, 44 minutes.
In Toontown, Rogie Rabbit is framed for murder, he is faced with no other option but to meet his friend, Eddie, for help.
- Director: Pete Doctor
- Casts: Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Graham Norton.
- Genre: Animation, Comedy, Fantasy, Family.
- Duration: 1 hour, 41 minutes.
A young man with aspiring dreams to be a professional jazz musician becomes unlucky and finds himself as a music teacher. But just as he is about to achieve his dreams he died. But will that be the end of his story? Find out.
11. The Muppet Movie
- Director: James Frawley.
- Casts: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson.
- Genre: Comedy, Music, Fantasy, Family.
- Duration: 1 hour, 54 minutes.
This is a love-music-based story between three people trying to audition in Hollywood for a lifetime opportunity.
12. Tron Can be One of the Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this May
- Director: Steven Lisberger.
- Casts: Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner, David Warner.
- Genre: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure.
- Duration: 1 hour, 36 minutes.
This is a sci-fi story by Kevin Flynn. Kevin Flynn is a disgraced programmer who holds strongly to the belief that someone stole his work. While trying to prove his theory, he finds himself inside the computer alongside Tron and Yori. They must find a way to leave the computer and solve Kevin’s problem.
- Director: Rob Reiner.
- Casts: Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin.
- Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance.
- Duration: 1 hour, 39 minutes.
After years of separation, Westley meets his first love again but this time not as the sweet boy he used to be but as the Dread Pirate Roberts. His aim is to save her from marrying Prince Humperdink. But can he?
14. Teen Spirit
- Director: Max Minghella.
- Writer: Max Minghella.
- Casts: Agnieszka Grochowska, Elle Fanning, Archie Madekwe.
- Genre: Music, Drama.
- Duration: 1 hour, 33 minutes.
Violet has a passion for singing but she needs to escape her small town to be able to follow her ambitions of becoming a famous singer. Her teacher helps her to compete in the local singing competition. This competition will test not just her passion but her virtue, skill and endeavour.
15. Frozen Can be One of the Good Movies on Disney Plus to Watch this May
- Director: Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee.
- Casts: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff.
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Family.
- Duration: 1 hour, 42 minutes.
The story centres on two sisters. Elsa and Anna. Elsa is the estranged princess of Arendelle who is facing ostracizing from the kingdom due to her ability to bend ice and cold to her will. The sisters are faced to live in separation but they need each other to save the kingdom. Find out how on the Disney+.
In summary, the movies listed above are all juicy and binge-watching movies you can find on Disney+ to keep your May interesting and well going.
Also, Check Out:
- 15 Good Movies on Apple Tv Plus to Watch this 2023 May
- 15 Happy New Month Prayer for Your Sister in May 2023
- 15 Happy New Month Prayer for Your Boyfriend in May 2023