Fetisov Journalism award (FJA) is an award that is awarded to journalists worldwide and the 2020 edition for this award are coming, this is to bring to the notice of the Pinole that the application for this upcoming awards is now open. Journalists from any part of the world can apply for this award and if they win they granted with the largest Monterey price in the history of journalism.
The mission of Fetisov Journalism Awards is to promote universal human values such as honesty, justice, courage and nobility through the example of outstanding journalists from all over the world as their dedicated service and commitment contribute to changing the world for the better.
Full Information of the Fetisov Journalism Award (FJA) 2020
The Steering Committee has the right to revoke the status of a prize winner from a contestant if violations of the contest rules are revealed after the award ceremony, Steering committee is the organizers of the contest.
There is also the Expert Council which consists of recognized experts in the field of journalism whose expertise contributes to professional, objective and independent assessment of competitive publications. There are so the Jury members who select the finalists and winners of the contest from the shortlist submitted by the Expert Council.
Goals and Objectives of the Award
- Promotion of contemporary journalism as a unique profession that contributes to transforming the lives of individuals, communities and the world as a whole
- Spreading the word about inspiring deeds of the award nominees and winners
- Bringing journalists together as a community of like-minded people willing to raise journalism to an entirely new level and to meet new demands
- Organization of annual global contests for journalists in order to distinguish the works of those who bring up hot-button issues and have a widespread impact
- Rewarding outstanding journalists with major money prizes for their dedicated work
- Helping nominees and winners to achieve greater visibility by publishing their works on the website of the contest and in printed media
Cash Prize to be Won
The award procedure of the contest is defined by the Steering Committee. they would be three winners in each category and they get to share a monetary prize of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as stipulated by the legislation in force).
The first prize winner receives 100,000 CHF, The second prize winner receives 20,000 CHF, The third prize winner receives 10,000 CHF. The monetary prize is granted by Fetisov Charitable Foundation the prize is presented to the winners in the form of a bank cheque on the day of the award ceremony. Laureates who are not able to attend the award ceremony due to valid reasons (disease, injury, fight in the territory of the country, epidemic, calamity, etc.) have the right to apply for money bank transfer to their operating account or collect the money prize from the members of the Steering Committee later at the agreed time.
The contest is held around the world with a preliminary selection of participants based on qualification requirements. The contest is held annually, the subject of the contest is journalistic materials that had a considerable positive impact on the political, economic or social situation and brought significant changes in a particular area, country or globally.
- Journalists from all over the world have the right to participate in the contest regardless of their citizenship, nationality and religion. Only persons over the age of 18 have the right to participate in the contest.
- Publications participating in the contest must have been published in printed media and/or posted on media websites and media outlets from 1st June of the year prior to that in which the competition is held to 31st May of the year in which the competition is held, Films and video investigations, as well as audio narratives as separate pieces of work, are not accepted for the contest.
- Only original publications are accepted for participation in the contest. Publications in all languages are accepted for participation in the contest. Publications in languages other than English must be accompanied by a translation into English.
Steering Committee reserves the right to alter terms of participation in the contest.
The Founder of the Fetisov Journalism Awards is not involved in organizing the contest and selecting the entries. The sole function of the Founder is to finance the contest and ensure the prize fund.
How to Apply
These are the steps on how to apply for the Fetisov journalism award(FJA) for the year 2020.
The Entries are open to professional journalists which include representatives of the media and professional journalism organizations as well as freelance journalists, Self-nominations are allowed.
Entries are limited to one entry per person. The maximum of 3 (three) journalists from one journalism organization may be nominated for the awards.
- Applications must be submitted to the Steering Committee via their website https://fjawards.com/what-is-fja
- In order to apply for participation, one must fill out an application form on the website of the contest and attach one publication according to the given instructions.
- The following information must be provided in the application.
- the Personal details about the representative of journalism organizations.
- Personal details about the author of a publication.
- Information about the publication (title and media platform where reporting was published country of publication.
Applications must be submitted to the organizers prior to the deadline indicated on the website of the contest. Submitted publications may be selectively placed on the website of the contest and in FJA annual reports available for non-commercial use.
Applications are accepted from April 15th, 2020, Entries to the competition must be submitted before August 1st, 2020. The shortlist will be defined by November 1st, 2020 and published on the website of the competition.