This is to inform the general public about the European Development Days in short “EDD” Young Leaders Programme 2022 and how to apply. Details about the programme are given below.
About the 2022 EDD Young Leaders Programme
The EDD offer a unique opportunity for young people from all over the world with strong expertise and commitment to positive social change to share their views, influence decision-makers and stakeholders and further develop leadership skills.
In accordance with the regulation in place in June 2022, we will invite those selected as EDD Young Leaders to participate in the High-Level Panels in Brussels.
Young people are a driving force behind some of the most important development issues. The EDD aim to allow young people to share their views, influence decision-makers and stakeholders, and develop their full potential as leaders and change-makers.
In accordance with the regulation in place in June 2022, EDD22 will invite exceptional Young Leaders from all over the world with strong expertise and commitment to positive social change to participate in the sessions onsite in Brussels. Engaging with the development community, they will be the voice of their generation.
EDD Young Leaders Programme 2022 Theme
This year’s EDD will focus on “Global Gateway: building sustainable partnerships for a connected
world.” Global Gateway is the new European Strategy to boost smart, clean and secure links in digital,
energy and transport and strengthen health, education and research systems across the world. The
discussions will be organised into five main themes and their related topics.
- Digital: Topic 1: Inclusive and green digital growth, Topic 2: Open and secure internet, Topic 3: Digital and data economies
- Climate and energy: Topic 1: Green and just energy transition, Topic 2: Integrating energy markets
- Transport: Topic 1: Infrastructure connectivity, Topic 2: Green and safe mobility &Topic 3: Urban development, smart and interconnected cities
- Health: Topic 1: Security of supply chains and development of local manufacturing
- Education and research: Topic 1: Science, Technology, Innovation and Research &
Topic 2: Quality education
Benefits of the Programme
There will be different types of sessions around these themes and topics, offering different possibilities for you to participate:
- High-Level Panels (HLPs) are highly visible segments of the programme and feature high-profile policymakers and speakers for thought-provoking debates.
- Lab Debates are smaller version of HLPs. They foster debates on the EDD 2022’s topics in an interactive and engaging way.
- Project/Report Presentations are for organisers to share their latest reports and projects on a topic relevant to the EDD’s main theme.
- Brainstorming Sessions are interactive, topic-oriented sessions that enable organisers to involve the audience in rolling-up their sleeves and proposing concrete recommendations through facilitated group-problem solving. Brainstorming sessions will only be held onsite. A summary of the outcomes will however be presented to the audience onsite and online.
- Agora Sessions are an open, multi-purpose area where the EDD community can meet, discuss and listen to new ideas in short, 20-minute sessions held entirely onsite. Agoras are the perfect setting for more informal, highly dynamic discussions.
- Open to young leaders worldwide
- Young Leaders are expected to be fluent in English or French.
- Applicants must be between age 21 and 26 years old
How to Apply for the 2022 EDD Young Leaders Programme
- To submit your application to be one of the EDD Young Leaders this year, please create an online profile on the EDD website.
- Once you have registered your profile, you will be able to start the online application process to participate in the EDD 2022 Young Leaders Programme.
March 25, 2022.
Lastly, open this link for more details about the European Development Days (EDD) Young Leaders Programme 2022.
Also, Check Out;