The YouthLead Ambassador program 2020 is a six-month professional development and leadership opportunity for Young changemakers between the age of 18 and 35 years with a proven track record in mobilizing other young people to have a positive impact in their communities. Ambassadors play a key role in bringing the benefits of YouthLead to national, regional, and local groups of change-makers, raising visibility and awareness about the YouthLead platform as a resource and networking hub for changemakers.
About the YouthLead Ambassadors Program 2020
As part of the program, the YouthLead ambassador design and implement awareness campaign on critical issues impacting young people, host learning events that contribute to knowledge, skill-building, local engagement and peer to peer networking and contribute their ideas on how to make the platform more relevant to changemakers in our network to the youth leadership team.
YouthLead invites you to apply to serve as a YouthLead Ambassadors. The YouthLead Ambassadors receive a nominal stipend of $300 at the conclusion of their successful ambassadorship. Ambassador will be featured or the YouthLead platform in the YouthLead newsletters and in social media announcement to recognize their work as a young changemaker.
Ambassadors may also get visibility with YouthLead sponsors and other relevant influencers. The successful ambassador may request a letter of completion upon the successful conclusion of their YouthLead role
To apply for the YouthLead ambassador program 2020, you must have fulfilled the necessary eligibility criteria for the YouthLead ambassador program 2020. To apply for the YouthLead ambassador program 2020, you must take note of the below eligibility criteria. All applicants must;
- Be a young changemakers residents in a low or middle-income country, between the age of 18-35 at the time of application and through the end of April
- Be active as changemakers in the youth development sector at the local, regional, national or global level or must have some experience working on social issues
- Demonstrate ability to organize community activities is an advantage
- Have an active presence on any of the following social media platform; Facebook, tweeter, or Instagram. Experience in organizing social media campaigns, chats discussions will be an advantage.
- Provide a convincing description of how that will use YouthLead to engage the changemakers, both on and offline and recruit new changemakers to the YouthLead network and platform
- Have the ability to access the internet to be active on the YouthLead platform, participate in conference class and lead webinars as described above
- Have the availability to commit at least 4-6 hours per month
- Be an active member of youth changemakers local, regional or international network affiliation or youth club or group
- Be able to demonstrate how he or she plans to leverage his or her network to highlight and showcase YouthLead as a place for changemakers
- Have a YouthLead profile that is at least 80 per cent complete including a description of his or her interest, work or background
- Possess good conversational English language skills and actively participate in conference calls with the YouthLead team in English.
- Be self-motivated and creative
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills
Applicants may include an optional CV with their application not more than 500 words maximum Applicants must meet the basic criteria of age and language and will be evaluated based on the following evaluation and selection criteria;
- Past and current experience as a young changemakers
- Scale and strength of the applicant network
- The potential impact of the applicant proposed contribution at YouthLead and its network
- A profile completed at least 80 per cent on YouthLead website
The evaluation and selection process will take into account various factor which includes diversity in gender, sector and geographic locations to select a set of individual that closely reflect the global communities.
To apply for the YouthLead ambassador program 2020, all applicant’s are to apply by clicking on this link, the application deadlines and important dates for the YouthLead Ambassadors program 2020 are listed in the table below;
|August 31, 2020||Call for application|
|September 25, 2020||Application deadline|
|November 2, 2020||Announcing new YouthLeads Ambassadors ( 3rd cohort)|
|April 20, 2021||End of the third Cohort of YouthLeads Ambassadors role|
For more details about the Award, visit this link.
CHECK OUT: Berea College International Application for Admission and Scholarship 2020 (USA) | APPLY NOW