The York University International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction Program 2020 is open to application from candidates looking forward to applying. Canada is offering students the international Entrance scholarship of Distinction to outstanding international applicants from secondary school or equivalent.
Students interested in applying for the 2020 York University International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction Program, are required to meet the minimum A admission average and are applying for direct entry undergraduate program in one of the following faculties:
- Environmental Studies
- Fine Arts, Glendon
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Science or
The York University International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction Program 2020 can be renewable for an additional three years as long as the recipient remains a full-time status (minimum of 18 credits each fall/winter session) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 7.80.
Details of the York University International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction Program 2020
Deadline for Application: 15th of October, 2020
Countries eligible for the award: international
Award type: undergraduate
Value of the award: $35,000 (for four years it would amount to $140,000 providing the student to keep up with the required minimum of 18 credits for each year of study)
Number of Awards: 4
Offered annually: Yes
To be accepted at: Canada
Award Duration: 4 years
Eligible Field of studies: interested candidates must take up one of the following faculties to be eligible for the award: Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, Glendon, Health, Lassonde, Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Science or Schulich.
CHECK OUT: Strathclyde Business School (SBS) Deans Excellence Scholarships for First Class Degrees for International Students | APPLY NOW
Eligibility Requirements for the Scholarship of Distinction Program 2020
In other, for you to be eligible for the award, you need to meet the following requirements. They include:
- Must be an international student that is required to have a study permit in Canada
- Must be an applicant for an undergraduate degree program that begins in the fall of 2020
- Must have applied to York within the first two years of finishing high school and hold no previous university or college studies.
- must be an excellent student with an excellent academic road record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- must have displayed leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement.
- Must be nominated by the high school they finished from (schools may nominate only one student)
- The student nominated would be considered for the international entrance scholarship of distinction, the global leaders of tomorrow award, the international circle of scholars’ scholarships, and the York university academic Excellence scholarships
- All candidates are expected to speak to their school guidance counsellor, Principal, or administration about the York international student Scholarship and award application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school that has been nominated.
- The candidate is further required to provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number or the nominator in the application form.
- Must provide a recommendation letter
- Must be sure that all documents are displayed as “received” in the York application (MyFile), before February 2, 2020, at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.
- Are required to complete and submit the online international student scholarship application before February 1, 2020, at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.
How to Apply
Applying for the award is not so complicated, on this link, more details concerning how to apply would be given to you.