Applications are open for the WTEC MentorHer Programme 2020 to all interested applicant. If you are a female Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) professional and you would like to mentor other young women in STEM, the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) is in search of such individual to serve as Mentor in the WTEC MentorHer Programme 2020.
About the WTEC MentorHer Programme 2020
The application for the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) is ongoing and open to eligible applicants. It should be noted that there is no specified deadline date as the applications for the WTEC MentorHer Programme 2020 is received for consideration on a rolling basis.
Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) MentorHer Programme is one which is aimed at supporting young women studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses in their higher education at the tertiary level. The WTEC MentorHer Programme also support the female STEM candidate by sharing important life skills and technical tips, which will be come in handy in terms of helping them succeed as technology professionals.
This mentoring programme known as the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) MentorHer Programme, is an opportunity which provides a platform for the young women to gain first hand knowledge from experienced women in technology fields, so as to help them start and navigate their careers in a more strategic and well informed manner.
The benefits of the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) MentorHer Programme are as follows:
- A means of giving back: Generally, giving back provides you with personal satisfaction, which in this case, is obtained by making a difference in the career development of the new generation, facilitate your own personal and professional growth by sharing the knowledge you acquired and learned through your years of experience. Mentoring experience empowers and impact both mentors and mentees and largely contributes to their both their professional and personal development.
- Serve as an Inspiration to the younger generation: You will be inspiring the younger generation of leaders who are ambitious and passionate about their field of study through your obtained leadership and management skills while using effective communication techniques.
- Be a change maker: Mentors can be the change they want to see in the world through their efforts of instilling seeds of growth in the new generation.
There are certain eligibility criteria required of all the applicants looking to participate in the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) MentorHer Programme 2020. Below are The eligibility criteria and requirements.
- Eligible applicant must have studied a technology related course either at undergraduate or postgraduate level
- Applicant must be working in the field of technology for at least 5 years
- Eligible applicant should have at least two (2) people reporting directly to them
- Applicant must be ready to impact and guide the mentee or younger generation in achieving their goals
- Applicant must be ready to devote at least 6 hours a month for the duration of at least 6 months to the WTEC MentorHer Programme 2020
Applications for interested and eligible female Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics professional must be completed using the online application form via the official online platform via this link. Applicants are advised to include a short bio of yourself along with a link to your LinkedIn page and ss such applicants must have a LinkedIn page before proceeding to apply.
For more details, visit this link.
CHECK OUT: Kuongoza Mentorship Program 2020 for Women and Girls in Africa, Middle East and South Asia | APPLY NOW