The World Forum for Democracy is organizing a youth delegation for the year 2020, this is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analyzing experimental initiatives and practices.
This Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
About the World Forum for Democracy 2020 Youth Delegation
The 2020 World Forum for Democracy will debate the issues and generate new ideas for tackling the environmental crisis we face today. The main theme of the 2020 edition would be is “Can Democracy Save the Environment?” Our societies have been tested by an extreme and unexpected global challenge in 2020, but while an essential battle is fought against the Covid-19 pandemic, humanity’s greatest existential threat looms ever larger.
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action. In this context, the Youth Department will invite 50-60 young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the question of Democracy and Information.
Applicants need to have certain things in their application to be considered for the program before they are selected to participate in the World Forum 2020 democracy and information, youth applicants should have this necessary requirement before they are considered.
- The first necessary requirement is that of age, interested individuals should be from 18-30 years old, they must be able to communicate and work in English. They must have actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives before the program, they must be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy.
- Applicants should be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to media, fake news, information and its effects on democracy, they should be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of environment and democracy
Applicants should take note that they must be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. arrive in Strasbourg on the 13th November and depart on the 19th November). The youth representatives will be chosen on the basis of these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfill the above- mentioned profile, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, color, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
This program application comes in two forms, they are the regular application which is written then a video of the participants, they are advised to post their video on YouTube or an easily accessible platform. These are the steps to apply for the world forum for democracy for the year 2020 youth delegation.
- Open web browser
- Open the application website via this link
- When the page opens follow the link in the page to the application form fill it and submit it
- A short 1-minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form
The application form must be submitted on-line before Tuesday 28 July 2020 CET 13:00 (1 p.m.), together with a support letter from your NGO/sending organization if this is appropriate.