The World Bank Legal Internship Program 2020 is now inviting applications from all candidates looking forward to Partaking in the internship program. The world Bank Legal vice presidency (“LEGVPU”) is offering highly motivated law students the opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the world bank and the work of LEGVPU.
About the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2020
The world bank legal internship program allows individuals to bring in new perspectives, innovative ideas, and the latest research experiences into the World Bank’s operation that goes on daily in other to make their legal skills better while working in a multicultural environment.
The aim of the two programs is to make provision for first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the world bank by closely collaborating with staff in LEGVPU. As a part of their team, working alongside outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you would be offered the chance to contribute to the legal services that is offered by LEGYPU as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences that is organized during the period your internship would be taking place
Responsibilities of Intern’s
Interns would be likely involved in a plethora of tasks, as they would arise during the term of the internship program, that includes:
- Carrying out a Variety of legal assignments with the direction of the supervising lawyer(s)
- Conducting research on issues that are assigned, making use of law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches by making use of the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and briefing discoveries.
- Carry out a comparative legal analysis on a lot of issues in a specified area, identifying legal and policy issues, and proposing an appropriate solution.
- Partaking in task/project teams alongside supervising lawyer(s).
- Helping out the preparation and organization of meetings and conferences.
- Performing ad hoc assignments just as the supervising lawyer(s) requested.
To be eligible for the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2020, all interested applicant is expected to mee the eligibility requirement stated below:
- Applicants are expected to be in possession of a Citizenship of any IBRD member state
- He/she must be currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or a program that is equivalent
- Must have a good command of the English Language (Written and Spoken)
How to Apply
All interested candidate is expected to submit the following documents when applying for the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2020. They include:
- A statement of interest
- A proof that they are enrolled in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s)
- Provide a short essay stating a response to a research question that was posed by the legal vice presidency for the application period that is prevailing.
To apply for the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2020, click this link.
September 30, 2020.
For more details, visit this link.