The World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021 is now inviting applications from all interested candidates looking forward to applying for the Competition. Launched in the year 2014 by the world bank Kenya office, the #Blog4Dev competition happens to be an annual writing contest, the offering invites people to weigh in on a topic that is critical to the economy of their country’s development.
About the World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021
The competition is a means to engage the youths of Africa and create a platform where they can share their views and solutions about development topics that is very important to them. In 2018, this became a regional competition, available to all young citizens from all the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Due to the way things are in your country, answer the following question: How can Young people work with their governments and civil society Organizations in other to respond to the impact of COVID-19 and further build a Stronger Post-pandemic economic and social system?
- All the winning authors would be eligible for several prizes, including an invitation to be a part of a dedicated program during the World Bank-IMF spring meetings 2021 (if there is an improvement in the current health situation)
- Provide Opportunities to represent Africa’s youth at a high-level event.
- Be offered the chance to intern at a country office in the world bank, or the chance to have their blog published in the world Bank blog youth transforming Africa.
In other for you to be eligible for the #Blog4Dev competition you are to meet the requirements below:
- Must be a citizen of one of the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Expected to be between the ages of 18 and 28 on November 30, 2020
- Must not be a winner of any previously held edition.
The Winning Submissions would be chosen based on the criteria stated below.
- Clarity in writing and presentation
- Practicality and relevance
- Potential impact on development
Submit your blog entry The Original one, it must be totally in English, French or Portuguese, stating all your ideas about addressing the COVID-19 impact and developing a much stronger Post-pandemic economic and social system by November 30, 2020.
Click this link to submit your entry.
November 30, 2020.
Follow this link for more details about the 2021 World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition.