The World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2020/2021 is now open to applications from interested candidates. The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) which is established under the World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project and hosted by the Centre for Coastal Management at the University of Ghana, Cape Coast, Ghana, is pleased to invite suitably qualified National, Regional and International applicants into its MPhil (Masters) and PhD degree programmes.
About the World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2020/2021
MPhil and PhD students admitted to the ACECoR programme are eligible for a scholarship award to support the facilitation and completion of the programme of their choice. These scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, monthly stipends, field research grants and other necessary material and technical support.
Furthermore, the scholarship will provide support for students to present their innovative research results at local and/or international conferences and cover publication fees for research papers submitted to high impact journals. However, it should be noted that continued funding support is dependent on academic output based on annual performance reviews.
The World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) aims to;
- Enhance the capabilities of young African scholars in the thematic areas of Coastal Geomorphology and Engineering, Ecosystems and Biodiversity Science and Blue Economy, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Governance and Social resilience, Migration and Disaster Risk Management.
- Develop regional data support systems on marine and coastal issues.
- Provide demand-driven applied research data and innovation for relevant industries and sectors.
- Create-sectoral networks for marine and coastal for an integrated approach to resolving coastal degradation in West Africa.
- Provide career development for faculty through in-service training and international exchange programme
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) scholarships are available to all African nationals who meet admission requirements of the University of Cape Coast. It should be noted that priority will be given to female applicants as well as applicants from Central and West African countries.
For MPhil (Masters) Programmes:
- The minimum admission requirement for the MPhil programmes is a first degree (Second Class Lower Division or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline, from a recognized university.
- The applicant must demonstrate a strong interest in research, innovation and development in science and technology, as well as the ability to work independently with high performance in an international multidisciplinary environment.
For PhD Programmes:
- The minimum admission requirement for the PhD programmes is a two-year master’s degree with research in a relevant Engineering and Science discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- The applicant must show a strong interest in research, development and innovation in science and technology.
- The applicant must have the ability to work optimally and independently in an international multidisciplinary environment.
All candidates (Both MPhil and PhD) are required to submit the following documents (indicating the preferred area of specialization) along with their online application:
- Completed Scholarship Application form
- Original copy of academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Motivation
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one from a former lecturer/supervisor)
- A 2 to 3-page research proposal in the preferred area of expertise while for PhD programmes, a 3 to 5 page research proposal in the preferred area of expertise.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2020/2021 before the deadline date scheduled for the 30th of September 2020.
Applicants are advised to visit the official online platform via this link to apply and for further information.
CHECK OUT: Kwara State Polytechnic Post UTME Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session | APPLY NOW