History is a subject that most WAEC candidates will be taking in their examinations. There are methods available that you can use to study this subject while preparing for your exam. But it will be better to use the WAEC Syllabus for History as it will guide you.
This document is out and the WAEC syllabus is available for all the subjects that you will be taking in your examination. There are reasons for releasing the WAEC syllabus that you will also get in this article.
Everything You Need to Know About the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC (West African Examination Council) syllabus is an official document that contains topics that students would have to cover while studying for their exams. it is very important because questions in the examination might come from it. It is also a pdf and it is available for all the subjects that you would take in the exam.
In each of the topics, you would find objectives that you would have to study with and also meet. This is because the objectives contain the key points that can be found in each of the topics.
Reasons for the WAEC Syllabus
This Syllabus was released for a lot of reasons and so students should endeavour to note them out. But the WAEC Syllabus is specifically meant to guide students that would take part in the examination. They would also tend to gain a lot from using WAEC Syllabus.
Who Can Use the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC is normally taken by five west African Countries which are Nigerian, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia. So, students that are from these countries that would be partaking in the examination are free to use this syllabus. Teachers are also allowed to use the WAEC Syllabus.
How to Use the WAEC Syllabus
To use this document, you would first need to download the pdf for the nine subjects that you would take in your examination. After this, you would have to study the topics in them with detailed textbooks. You should also ensure that you meet the objectives in them to help improve your understanding.
WAEC 2023 Syllabus for History
Students that are looking for the WAEC Syllabus for History upcoming WASSCE & GCE examinations will get this document in this post. There are topics in the syllabus and it is important to study these topics as questions will come from them.
The syllabus will test candidates’
- Knowledge of their national histories from earliest times to 2000 with emphasis on the relationship between the peoples and states;
- Intellectual capacity and skills in historical interpretation and analysis;
- Ability to use acquired skills in relating the past to the present;
- Appreciation of factors that make for national unity and global understanding;
- Exposure and appreciation of the similarities and differences in the National, social and political institutions;
- Knowledge of the main historical developments in West Africa from the earliest times to 2000;
- Ability to relate events in their country and West Africa to those of the outside world;
- Ability to present clear, relevant and logical arguments
CLICK THIS LINK TO GET THE WAEC SYLLABUS FOR HISTORY.
- Most Expected Topics in NECO History SSCE & GCE
- NABTEB Syllabus for Furniture Making SSCE & GCE
- NABTEB Syllabus for History SSCE & GCE
- WAEC Syllabus PDF Download Link for All Subjects