One of the broadest subjects taught at the Secondary School level is Fisheries (ALT-A). A lot of students will take this subject in their exam and they will need a guide. It will be better if you use the WAEC Syllabus for Fisheries (ALT-A) to study for this exam.
There are a lot of reasons for releasing the WAEC syllabus that you might also want to check as it might help you understand the syllabus more. I will tell you what you need to know about the WAEC syllabus in this post.
Everything You Need to Know About the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC (West African Examination Council) syllabus is an official document that contains topics that students would have to cover while studying for their exams. it is very important because questions in the examination might come from it. It is also a pdf and it is available for all the subjects that you would take in the exam.
In each of the topics, you would find objectives that you would have to study with and also meet. This is because the objectives contain the key points that can be found in each of the topics.
Reasons for the WAEC Syllabus
This Syllabus was released for a lot of reasons and so students should endeavour to note them out. But the WAEC Syllabus is specifically meant to guide students that would take part in the examination. They would also tend to gain a lot from using WAEC Syllabus.
Who Can Use the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC is normally taken by five west African Countries which are Nigerian, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia. So, students that are from these countries that would be partaking in the examination are free to use this syllabus. Teachers are also allowed to use the WAEC Syllabus.
How to Use the WAEC Syllabus
To use this document, you would first need to download the pdf for the nine subjects that you would take in your examination. After this, you would have to study the topics in them with detailed textbooks. You should also ensure that you meet the objectives in them to help improve your understanding.
WAEC 2022 Syllabus for Fisheries (ALT-A)
Students that are looking for the WAEC Syllabus for Fisheries (ALT-A) will get it here and it is meant for those writing it in WASSCE & GCE. There are topics in the syllabus for Fisheries (ALT-A) that questions will come from. In each of the topics, you will also get objectives or notes that you have to study with and meet.
The syllabus will seek to assess candidates on
- The importance of fisheries in the socio-economic development of West Africa.
- The dangers of overfishing practices.
- The regulations governing fishing practices in the country.
- The differences between freshwater, brackish water and marine habitats and resources.
- Skills in fish farming.
- Basic entrepreneurship skills in fisheries-related vocations and business.
- The effects of water pollution on fishery resources.
- Fish preservation and processing techniques.
- The basic biology of fishes.
- Basic fish health management.
CLICK THIS LINK TO GET THE WAEC SYLLABUS FOR FISHERIES (ALT A).
- Reasons Why You can’t Find Someone on Your Facebook Account but on Messenger
- JAMB and WAEC/O’Level Subject Combination for Food Engineering
- How to Undo a Hidden Post on Your Facebook Account Timeline
- WAEC Syllabus PDF Download Link for All Subjects