Many students have been searching for the WAEC Syllabus for some time. If you are among them then you should note that it is out and this document is available for all the subjects. You will get the WAEC Syllabus for Catering Craft Practice in this article.
Among the several ways you can use to pass your WAEC examination, it would be better to spend quality time with the syllabus. This is because it would expose you to a lot of information. I will also bring the steps on how to use the WAEC Syllabus in this article.
Table of Contents
Everything You Need to Know About the WAEC Syllabus
WAEC (West African Examination Council) syllabus is an official document that contains topics that students would have to cover while studying for their exams. it is very important because questions in the examination might come from it. It is also a pdf and it is available for all the subjects that you would take in the exam.
In each of the topics, you would find objectives that you would have to study with and also meet. This is because dreams contain the key points that can be found in each of the topics.
Reasons for the WAEC Syllabus
This Syllabus was released for a lot of reasons and so students should endeavour to note them out. But the WAEC Syllabus is specifically meant to guide students that would take part in the examination. They would also tend to gain a lot from using WAEC Syllabus.
Who Can Use the WAEC Syllabus
Five countries will be taking part in the WAEC examination. They are Nigerian, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia. Students who are from these countries and would be taking this exam are free to use the WAEC syllabus. Teachers are also allowed to use this document.
How to Use the WAEC Syllabus
To use this document, you first need to download the pdf for the nine subjects you would take in your examination. After this, you would have to study the topics in them with detailed textbooks. You should also ensure that you meet the objectives in them to help improve your understanding.
WAEC 2023 Syllabus for Catering Craft Practice
I will provide the WAEC Syllabus for Catering Craft Practice for students that would be taking this subject in their WASSCE & GCE exams. You would find topics in it that you have to study and there are objectives in each of them.
The general objectives of the catering craft syllabus are to test candidates
- Level of development of professional attitude and skills;
- Understanding of all food commodities in terms of cost, quality and use;
- Understanding of the methods of cooking and ability to produce a variety of dishes and drinks for various types of occasions, establishments and individuals;
- Understanding of dietary adequacies and procedures for producing dishes;
- Understanding and application of hygienic practices in handling food;
- Acquisition of necessary skills required for the production of pastry and confectionery products;
- Application of the methods of choosing, caring for and storing kitchen equipment;
- Knowledge of safety precautions in catering;
- Enterprise skills in menu costing and planning.
CLICK THIS LINK TO GET THE WAEC SYLLABUS FOR CATERING CRAFT PRACTICE.