Venture Capital for Africa are looking for African founders leading innovative and disruptive startups and scaleups ready to showcase their business to the most active investors on the continent. Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue, and looking to raise your Seed or Series A round? Here is the opportunity to accelerate your fundraising campaign!
Overview of the VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A 2023
There are certain responsibilities that will have to be carried out by selected participants of the VC4A VENTURE Showcase- Series A 2023. If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of – November & December and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase and the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2023 (#AESIS2023).
- Being recognized as 2023 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur;
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 200+ early-stage investor organizations;
- Investor Readiness Training (IRT), mentorship and technical support by partnering VC investors and corporates;
- Access to VC4A technical partners, masterclasses and special deals;
- Professionally edited 3-minute virtual pitch;
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room;
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities.
Selected entrepreneurs commit to attending the technical sessions, be proactive when engaging with his/her mentor, and take part in the M&E exercises. Selected entrepreneurs are expected to cover their own costs if they elect to participate in any in-person events.
Cameroon, Côte D’Ivoire, Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisiaand Uganda.
- Company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- A product or service available on the market and generates revenue;
- A product or service is clearly creating (measurable) ‘impact;
- A product is designed for scale, with clear potential for regional/international expansion;
- A very strong management team with preferably 2 to 3 people;
- Based in and targeting one or more countries in Africa;
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality.
While there will be exceptions, most likely the startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt, convertible notes, SAFEs, equity or mezzanine, and/or received grants from donor organizations.
Application for the Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Showcase – Series A 2023 have commenced with the online portal opened and accepting applications for selection.
Follow this link to apply for the program.
The deadline date is scheduled for 17 May 2023.
Innovators with high-growth scale-up are encouraged to visit the official online platform for more information.