Thinking of immigrating to the USA and wondering if you could get a USA immigration visa sponsorship, well just keep reading. Meanwhile, visa sponsorship means that a person, business or entity is taking responsibility for you during your stay in the country.
To be able to immigrate to the USA you will need a reason to be there. Also, it could either be because of family or because of employment. Additionally, this article will diving deeper into the USA immigration visa sponsorship.
So, the requirements, the types of immigration sponsorship and how you can apply successfully for an immigration visa into the USA.
Table of Contents
What is a USA Immigration Sponsorship Visa?
The Immigration Sponsorship Visa is a Visa that allows you to immigrate to the USA. This depends on your family ties your family member who is a lawful and permanent resident of the USA is sponsoring you.
Also through employment which means I have been offered a permanent position in a USA company. Additionally, you are making an investment and many more
Types & Categories of Immigration Sponsorship Visas in the USA
The types of immigration visas are based on your purpose of travel and other facts. As a visa applicant, you will need to meet all the necessary requirements of the category visa you are applying for. So here are the types and categories of immigration sponsorship visas in the USA.
Immediate Relative and Family.
Under this type of visa, we have several categories which include the following
- 1R1, CR1.
These categories specify that you are a spouse of a U.S citizen which means you are married to a citizen of the country.
This category is for a spouse of the country who is awaiting approval of an I-130 immigrant petition
This USA Immigration Visa Sponsorship category is for the fiancé of a citizen of the country. That is you are about to get married to a legal citizen of the country
- IR3, IH3, IR4, IH4.
These categories are for those who are interested in the inter-country adoption of orphan children. Furthermore, this is for US citizens who are interested in adopting children from other countries.
- IR2, CR2, IR5, F1, F3, F4.
These categories are for certain members of a USA citizen as a US citizen you can petition for your spouse, children, parents or siblings.
- F2A, F2B.
These categories are for certain family members of lawful permanent residents. As a lawful permanent resident, you can only sponsor their spouse and unmarried children
Employee Sponsored Visa.
This visa is based on employment and here are the categories under it.
- E1, E2, E3, EW3.
These USA Immigration Visa Sponsorship categories are for immigrant employers which include priority workers, professionals with advanced degrees or with exceptional ability
- C5, T5, R5, I5.
Also, these categories are for immigrants who are professionals in their fields, are creating employment or are investors and also for special immigrants.
- SD, SR.
This is for religious workers, meaning you are being employed by a religious organization in the USA.
This USA Immigration Visa Sponsorship is for those who are Iraqi and Afghan translators or interpreters
- this is for Iraqis and Afghans who work for or on behalf of the US government
- This is for diverse immigrants
- This is for returning residents
USA Immigration Sponsorship Visa Requirements
There are requirements you will need to meet to be eligible for the immigration visa and they are as follows.
- You will need to submit police reports for your previous place of resident
- You will need a medical exam and you will also be asked about your mental health, use of drugs, alcohol and if you have a history of communicable diseases.
- You will need a passport
- An affidavit of support will be requested
These are just some general requirements. However, depending on the type of immigrant visa you are applying for. Meanwhile, this will determine the requirements to meet.
How to Get a USA Immigration sponsorship Visa
Additionally, To get a USA immigration sponsorship visa, this is the process to follow
- Firstly, Your sponsor will have to file an immigrant petition on your behalf.
- Once the petition is approved and a visa is available in the category you are applying in and apply for the visa
- Then get a medical examination
- And go for the interview
- Lastly, You will need to wait for the decision on your application
Frequently Asked Questions About USA Immigration Visa Sponsorship
- Can I apply for an immigrant visa in the USA? If you are in the USA apply through the adjustment of status. Additionally, this way you will not have to go back to your home country
- What happens after I get my immigration visa? Once you have your visa you will need to pay an immigrant fee. Also, you will get some official documents to give officials at the U.S. port of entry.
Open this link for more details about the USA Immigration Visa Sponsorship.
Also, Check Out;