Applications are open to the UNOV/UNODC in Vienna Computer Information Systems Assistant Job Opening for interested applicants. The United Nations Office in Vienna/United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNOV/UNODC) at Vienna has a Job Opening for the position of the Computer Information Assistant. Hence, this is an open call for applications from qualified candidates as applications are currently ongoing until the deadline date scheduled for the 1st of September, 2020.
About the UNOV/UNODC in Vienna Computer Information Systems Assistant Job Opening
This position is located in the Administrative Solutions Development Team (ASDT), Division for Management (DM), Information Technology Service (ITS), United Nations Office at Vienna /United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNOV/UNODC), in Vienna, Austria. The incumbent will be obliged to work under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Administrative Solutions Development Team (ASDT) and the overall guidance of the Chief, Information Technology Service (ITS).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Systems Assistant will perform the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Define customer requirements
- Develop SharePoint, PowerApps and O365 based applications (mainly workflow) using rapid application development approaches and working very closely with the customer
- Provide maintenance for existing applications and legacy applications
- Write technical documentation
- Provide hands-on demonstrations or training for end-users
- Cooperate and collaborate with all members of the various ITS teams in UNOV/UNODC
- Take responsibility for the full cycle of projects from design to rollout
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
To be considered for the position of the Computer Information System Assistant for the United Nations Office in Vienna/United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNOV/UNODC) at Vienna, certain eligibility criteria are required of the applicants. These eligibility criteria and requirements are as follows, Applicants must have:
- Competence in professionalism, client orientation as well as teamwork.
- Completed secondary education; relevant additional post-secondary education is an asset.
- At least seven years of extensive working experience in Software development is required. Solid knowledge of or experience with SQL Databases is required
- Knowledge of or experience in configuration and administration of Domino servers is desirable.
- Experience in PowerApps, PowerAutomate, PowerBI, and Azure, as well as PowerBuilder, Sybase, and IBM Domino/Notes is desirable.
- Good knowledge of and certification in the CCURE 9000 Security system is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Note that knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for applicants to be considered for recruitment in the General Service and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. However, applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submission of application.
It should be noted that the United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process as the organization does not concern itself information on applicants’ bank accounts. Applicants are advised to visit the official online platform via this link to apply and for further information.
1st of September, 2020.
For more details about the award visit this link.