The United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) internship program provides professional support for young professionals, bolstering their leadership and professional skills as well as widening their global perspectives. Application for the UNOSSC Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020 in New York, USA is currently ongoing. The applications are considered on a rolling basis as no deadline date has been scheduled. It should be noted the internship position is partially funded and open to all Nationalities.
About the UNOSSC Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020
The UNOSSC Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Intern will have to perform duties such as supporting the development of high impact communications materials for all streams of the Office’s work, This includes South-South Galaxy, Youth4South, South-South Global Thinkers, Cities Project. In addition, India-UN Development Partnership Fund, Policy, Environmental Sustainability, IBSA Fund and Climate Action on SSC and other initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Intern
The intern who will be selected for the UNOSSC Communication/Knowledge Management and Reporting will have certain responsibilities which he/she will have to carry out. These responsibilities or duties are as follows:
- Provide support for drafting reports, outputs and outcomes, programme results
- Produce communication materials to highlight the achievements of UNOSSC throughout all of its projects and programmes
- The intern will assist in providing research support on SSC and TrC.
- Support knowledge management via UNOSSC’s online platforms
- Draft knowledge and advocacy products such as background documents, speeches, presentations, briefs and other communication materials related to SSC and TrC
- Provide coordination support to the Directorate in order to ensure efficient internal communications
- Support online communication through UNOSSC social media channels as well as providing logistical support to UNOSSC events
In addition, the UNOSSC Communication/Knowledge Management and Reporting intern is required to assist in identifying opportunities and contribute to resource mobilization for SSC/TrC and also provide other ad hoc support as required.
There are certain eligibility criteria or requirements that the UNOSSC Communication/Knowledge Management and Reporting intern must meet in order to be considered. These eligibility requirements are listed below.
- Experience in communications is required
- Must be familiar with international development/relations
- Familiarity with the UN system as a whole and/or with South-South development cooperation particularly is a strong plus.
- Must be proficient in the English Language
The UNOSSC Communication/Knowledge Management and Reporting intern is required to have substantial knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) as this would be an asset.
Only a successfully qualified candidate for the UNOSSC Communication/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020 will be required to submit the following necessary documents:
- A copy of the candidate’s updated resume or curriculum vitae
- Letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date
- A copy of his/her school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- A copy of passport and working visa for the United States
- Signed UNDP Internship Agreement as well as a Medical Certificate of Good Health.
Furthermore, proof of medical insurance including provision for medical evacuation and removal of mortal remains or life insurance. Applicants are encouraged to visit the United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) online platform via this link to apply.
On Rolling Basis.
Follow this link for more details about the UNOSSC Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020.