Are you a high performing chemical engineering or science graduate looking forward to furthering your education in Australia? If you want to undertake a higher degree by research in Australia, then you should know that the University of Queensland PhD Top-up scholarship 2020 is currently receiving applications from all interested candidates. The scholarship duration is for four years.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist both international and domestic graduates who are looking to play a major role in the growth of the exciting new global bioplastics industry. The scholarship is being offered to candidates who have potential and the drive to help lead the transition to a new plastic economy that focuses on the development of exciting new PHA based biodegradable bioplastics and biocomposites.
About the University of Queensland
The University of Queensland is a public research university that is located in Brisbane, the capital city of Australia. The university was founded in 1909 by the state parliament. The university offers many undergraduate, Masters, associates, PhD, and higher doctorate degrees in different fields of study.
The university gives students an opportunity for a strong focus on teaching excellence and providing more national teaching awards for students. Students of the institution will get challenging and inspirational education during their time of the study.
Successful applicants of the scholarship will gain the following:
- The University of Queensland PhD Top-up scholarship will provide $12,000 per annum to students to undertake a higher degree at the university.
- Applicants will work as part of a world-leading research team, partnering with global companies.
- Applicants will have access to major global advocacy groups.
- Applicants will be positioned to play significant roles in the rapidly growing industry at the end of the PhD.
Below are the criteria to apply for the scholarship
- The scholarship is open to both domestic and international students.
- The scholarship is a PhD program in Engineering and Computing, Science, and Mathematics.
- Applicants must have completed some research experience.
- Applicants must have completed an approved university degree.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university.
The selection for the program will be based on the following:
- Applications will be judged on a competitive basis putting into consideration, the applicant’s previous academic record, publication record, honors and awards, and also employment history.
- Candidates are desired to have a background in chemical/ materials or science. Preference will be given for some background in polymer science.
- Experience in modelling is not necessary but strong mathematical capabilities are desirable for the program.
Interested applicants must take admission to a PhD degree coursework at the University of Queensland. To be considered for the scholarship award, candidates should email the following documents to the Associate Professor Bronwyn Laycock (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
- A Cover letter
- Academic transcripts
- Evidence that they have met the University of Queensland’s English Language proficiency requirements such as TOEFL, IELTS.
Candidates should note that submitting the above documents does not constitute a full application submission in the PhD program. If you are chosen as a preferred candidate, you will be invited to submit a full application for admission. Interested applicants are advised to submit their application before the deadline as application after the deadline will not be considered.
25 October 2020
For more information, click this link.
CHECK NOW: The University of Queensland Law Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students 2020 (Australia) | APPLY NOW