The University of Houston Victoria calls out for applications for the International Student Merit Scholarship 2020. The offer is for current undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) students of international visa status. All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the international merit scholarship.
Table of Contents
About the University of Houston Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship 2020
The University of Houston Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship for the year 2020 is valued at $10,000 for the academic year (fall, spring and summer), if the student is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only. The award only covers the tuition and fees. All other expenses such as the meals, housing, you transportation expenses, books, supplies and health insurance are not part of the scholarship.
All applicants for the University of Houston Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship 2020 must:
- Be an admitted student at the University of Houston Victoria
- At the period of the award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at the University of Houston Victoria for Undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Current or returning students must have two semesters remaining to graduate.
- Current or returning students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients are needed to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable, all Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline.
- International students or students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the stipulated date of their immigration document.
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory international student orientation at Victoria or Katy.
- All non- immigrant status students must be on a good academic and immigration status.
- All applicants for the University of Houston Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship 2020 must have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
How to Apply
All applicants for the University of Houston Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship 2020 must follow the following processes to complete their application:
- All applicants should first submit the online University of Houston Victoria general Scholarship application and sign in using their UHV username and password.
- Secondly, applicants should submit an international student merit scholarship application. Kindly note that they will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once the submit button is clicked, the application along with the uploaded attachment will be sent to the international programs office automatically.
There are two deadlines for the scholarship which are:
- Fall semester deadline: 15th June 2020.
- Spring semester deadline: 15th November 2020.