Those that want to study Architecture are to consider the Universities offering this course in Nigeria, and choose one to attend. However, they should not just consider the universities offering this course but also, they should check out their respective admission requirements.
Meanwhile, this post will also bring tell you a few details about this course. Furthermore, it will bring the subject combination for Architecture and also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Architecture
- Firstly, Architecture is a course that involves the study of the art of designing and constructing buildings.
- Secondly, Architecture is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers. This also depends on the mode of entry of students.
- Thirdly, it is a very competitive course and students might find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, it is a science course and it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fifthly, according to JAMB, Architecture is under the faculty of agriculture. But this might be different in some universities.
- Sixthly, job availability for one with a degree in Architecture is high and competitive. With this, Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
Subject Combination for Architecture
Also, it is important that students consider the Subject Combination for Architecture as it is important. Meanwhile, you should know that some students’ courses are changed because of the combination of wrong subjects. You can click this link to get the subject combination for this course.
Full List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Architecture
There are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Architecture. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study this course.
Here, students should also consider the schools that offer Architecture in the country as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Architecture in Nigeria, in addition to this, they will be in different categories.
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FUBK – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE
- FUNAI – ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
- FUTA – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- UNIBADAN – UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- UNILORIN – UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIJOS – UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNILAG – UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FUTMINNA – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNN – UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
Admission Requirements to Study Architecture in Nigerian Universities
Nevertheless, now that you know the subject combination for Architecture and the universities offering the courses the admission requirements is important. Not only that also, but you will also get the breakdown below.
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Architecture is 150. Whereas some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for. Obviously, this is important as all university’s cut-ff marks are not the same.
Also, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council). Similar to any O’Level exam like NECO (National Examination Council).
Lastly and Importantly, Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME. Furthermore, this is important as a university Post-UTME also determines applicants’ admission.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Transport Management Technology
- Full List of Degree Courses Offered in Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)
- List of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Courses for Commercial Students