Those that want to study Agriculture are to consider the Universities offering this course in Nigeria, and choose one to attend. However, they should not just consider the universities offering this course but also, they should check out their respective admission requirements.
Meanwhile, this post will also bring the tell you a few details about this course. Furthermore, it will bring the subject combination for Agriculture and also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Agriculture
Meanwhile, it is important that you know a few details about Agriculture as a course. As well as that, it will help you understand it better. Moreover, below, you will get the breakdown as well as, other useful information. In addition to this, you will get to know if the course is competitive and get to know its faculty.
- Firstly, Agriculture is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is a very competitive course and students might find the entrance difficult.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Music is under the faculty of agriculture. But this might be different under some universities.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Agriculture is high but competitive. With this, Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
Subject Combination for Agriculture
Also, it is important that students consider the Subject Combination for Agriculture as it is important. Meanwhile, you should know that some students courses are changed because of the combination of wrong subjects. You can click this link to get the subject combination for this course.
Full List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Agriculture
There are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Agriculture. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study this course.
Here, students should also consider the schools that offer Agriculture in the country as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Agriculture in Nigeria, in addition to this, they will be in different categories.
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE – ADSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT ABUJA
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- FED-DUTSINMA – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE
- FUGASHUA – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GASHUA
- FUKASHERE – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF KASHERE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FUOYE – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE EKITI
- FUWUKARI – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY WUKARI
- UI – UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- UNILORIN – UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIJOS – UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNIMAIDUGURI – UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- UNIPORT – UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNN – UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- UNIUYO – UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE – CRAWFORD
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE – EDWIN CLARK
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
So, these are the universities that offer this course in the country. However, you will get the admission requirements below.
Admission Requirements to Study Agriculture in Nigerian Universities
Nevertheless, now that you know the subject combination for Agriculture and the universities offering the courses the admission requirements is important. Not only that also, but you will also get the breakdown below.
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Agriculture is 150. Whereas some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for. Obviously, this is important as all universities cut-ff marks are not the same.
Also, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council). Similar to any O’Level exam like NECO (National Examination Council).
Lastly and Importantly, Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME. Furthermore, this is important as a university Post-UTME also determines applicants admission.