UNIUYO Certificate & Diploma Programmes Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session is now available for sales. If you want to run a Certificate & Diploma Programmes, then the opportunity has presented itself as the admission form has been released, so you can apply. This post will provide you with the entry requirements, method of application, and all other information.
The management of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) is currently inviting applications from candidates who are suitably qualified for admission into the various Postgraduate Programmes (PDGE, MSc, and Ph.D.) for the 2020/2021 academic session. The deadline stipulated on Monday, 31st August 2020 has been extended by the institution.
Candidates Eligible for UNIUYO Postgraduate Programmes
The following are candidates eligible for application are:
- Applicants are expected to be graduates from the University of Uyo or from any other university recognized by the university senate, who hold qualifications adjudged by the senate of the university to be equivalent to first degree or applicants who hold recognized Higher National Diploma.
- Applicants are required to be graduates with a Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with a:
- CGPA of at least 2.75 on a five-point scale, or
- CGPA of at least 2.2 on a four-point scale in order to qualify for admission.
- Applicants should be a graduate with a minimum of Second Class Honours degree in the Lower Division (irrespective of CGPA), in order to qualify for admission into a master’s degree programme in:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Architecture
- Candidates applying for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of one of these:
- Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
- MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
- Candidates applying for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes are required to be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university the senate of the University of Uyo recognizes who holds a Master’s degree with dissertation and an overall average score not less than 60% (B).
- Applicants are expected to have a credit pass at Ordinary Level in five relevant subjects wit Mathematics and English Language inclusive obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates who have acquired their O’ level results before 2016 must possess their certificates and not a statement of results or results in slips.
- Candidates applying for LLM and Ph.D. in law are expected to possess credit passes in English Literature as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
- Candidates applying for admission for the Faculty of Agriculture must possess credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
- All applying candidates will undergo a screening test that will cover the subject area of specialization (see CBT section below for exemption) and also an oral interview that focuses on the written research proposal earlier submitted by the candidate (see CBT Section 6 for exemption.
- Applicants are required to provide NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion certificates. Applicants must submit one of these certificates along with the application form before the screening test.
- Candidates who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programmes are expected to show the evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally (through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB).
- Applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes in addition to other necessary qualifications.
- Applicants are expected to return their completed application forms along with three hard copies of their project proposal (candidates applying for PGD), Dissertation Proposal (candidates applying for master’s programme), or Thesis Proposal (candidates applying for Ph.D. programmes). The research proposal is to be captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet, it should also be word-processed with Times New Roman, font size 12, and also double line spacing making use of the following headings and subheadings:
- Title (at least 22 words)
- Name of Candidate (+ address + phone number + email)
- Abstract (at least 200 words)
- Literature Review
- Statement of the Problem
- Relevance of Study
- Ethical Issues
- Expected Results
- References (not more than two pages in alphabetical order)
- Expected Publications
- What is written under Methodology may exceed one page but the text for the other subheadings is required to be less than 25 lines / should not exceed one page.
- The objectives of the study should be included in the General Objective and also Specific Objectives.
- Under Ethical Issues, you are required to give a conspectus explanation of relevant ethical issues that you intend to consider during the course of making your research.
- You are expected to explain under Innovation, the new invention, new knowledge, new approach or new ways of doing things. Results that are gotten by the application of the extant methodology in a new environment may not be seen as innovation.
- You should make use of authors followed by their initials. Entries in your reference list are to be arranged using alphabetical order of the surname of the first author. You are not allowed to abbreviate journal names or any other proper name in the reference entries. You are required to use single line spacing for each entry. Two adjacent entries are to be separated by double line space. You are not to use “et al” in the reference list; list the names of all the authors.
- List the complete titles of research articles that you expect to come out of your research when completed under Expected Publications. Give the name of the journal that such an article will be published or academic conference it will be presented for each title listed.
- Applicants should make sure that their official academic transcript(s) and three letters of reference are forwarded under confidential to
University of Uyo
Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, NIGERIA
Note: without transcript(s) and letters of reference, admissions will normally not be offered.
Duration of UNIUYO Postgraduate Programmes
CHECK OUT: University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME & Direct Entry Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session | APPLY NOW
The following are the duration for every postgraduate programme offered in UNIUYO:
- Master’s degree programme will run for a minimum period of four semesters or a maximum of six semesters.
- Ph.D. programme will run for a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education will run for at least two semesters or a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Educational Technology will run for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Engineering will run for at least four years and a maximum of six semesters.
- PGD in all other courses will last for a duration of at least two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
All programmes in UNIUYO Postgraduate School are full time. The School of Continuing Education is where part-time programmes are domiciled.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates can access the application form online after making a payment of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira). Payment can be made by generating Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals. After generating the RRR number, pay online using ATM Card or in any commercial bank nationwide. Upon successful payment, return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on the Admission forms Link, then e-Forms, and then Register link. After that, enter your RRR.
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Go to edu.ng/eportals or uniuyo.edu.ng and click on the e-portals link.
- Then, select Admissions Forms Link
- Afterward, select e-Form(s) Option
- Proceed by Selecting Programme Type (Example; Master(Full-Time) etc. as Admission Form Type.
- Continue by entering your Phone Number, Name, and Email.
- Click on the Pay Now button to enable you to make payment.
- You can make payment online or in any Bank Branch via the Remita Platform.
- Upon successful payment, return to the online portal and click on Register Link
- Then, note your login credentials generated
- Finally, login and complete your registration.
Note: All completed application forms should be submitted along with:
- The photocopies of relevant credentials
- The duplicate copy of the receipt of payment for the application form
- Three copies of the research proposal etc. should be forwarded to reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, Nigeria
Candidates are required to take a screening test on a date that will be announced by the institution.
The date was stipulated on 31st August 2020 but was postponed by the authorities of the institution. The deadline was extended until further notice.
Visit the official page via this link