This is to inform the public about the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations in short “UNAOC” Youth Solidarity Fund in short “YSF” 2023 for Innovative Youth Projects. Details about the Program are given below.
About United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Youth Solidarity Fund 2023
Are you a young change-maker looking to make a positive impact in your community? The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to invite youth-led organizations to apply for the 2023 edition of its Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF).
The call is open to organizations from eligible countries whose work seeks to promote peace and social inclusion through improved understanding, respect, and collaboration across borders, cultures, faiths, and beliefs.
The Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF) supports youth-led organizations that foster peaceful and inclusive societies. Seed funding is given to projects, for and by young people that demonstrate innovative and effective approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue. UNAOC additionally offers capacity-building support to help youth-led organizations strengthen the implementation of their projects.
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Youth Solidarity Fund Benefit
As a unique political initiative
of the United Nations seeking to build intercultural dialogue, trust, and understanding among people and communities around the world
As a mobilizing force
that achieves results in partnerships with governments,
international organizations, religious, faith-based
organizations, civil society groups, youth and foundations
As an action-driven initiative
that implements and supports innovative projects on the ground, primarily in the fields of Education, Youth, Media and Migration
As a global bridge builder and convener
connecting people and organizations devoted to promoting trust and understanding across communities
As a creative laboratory within the UN
that seeks to foster innovative and impactful crosscultural initiatives that can be used as soft power tools
The projects funded by YSF target young people from various backgrounds: students, marginalized youth, minorities, youth in rural or urban areas, youth in conflict or post-conflict situations, artists and activists. The youth-led organizations employ creative methodologies to break stereotypes, improve intercultural relations and promote a culture of peace, including:
- Educational activities, ranging from one-day awareness raising sessions to week-long trainings, peer-education activities, summer camps, as well as development of educational materials and tools and creation of networks of student leaders and youth clubs;
- Arts and sports as tools to address conflict in a non-violent way, to promote inter-community understanding and to raise-awareness about the dangers of sectarianism, extremism and radicalization;
- Media and social-media campaigns, video production for advocacy purposes and radio series to promote messages of tolerance and peace;
- Creative settings that facilitate intercultural dialogue, interfaith understanding, sharing of experiences and learning from each other in order to bring meaningful change to their society.
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Youth Solidarity Fund Application
Join a new cohort of young dynamic change-makers who are making a difference in their communities by promoting peaceful and inclusive societies.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 14 May 2023.
Open this link for more details about the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Youth Solidarity Fund 2023.