This is to inform the general public about the University of Benin in short “UNIBEN” 2021 Resumption Rules and Regulations for Students. Details about the resumption rules and regulations are given below.
UNIBEN 2021 Resumption Rules and Regulations for Students
1. All students must come to campus with the following infection prevention materials
a. Face Masks b. Face Shields c. Hand Sanitizer (minimum of 500ml)
2. Compulsory use of face mask (NO FACE MASK NO ENTRY)
3. Avoid crowding, practice regular hand washing using soap/sanitizer
4. Any symptom of COVID-19 should be reported promptly to the PEO and use of COVID-19 helpline +2348055619250
5. Subscribe to use of „see something say something‟ (+2348128180042; +2349066759262)
6. Students are advised to join only registered Club/Association in the University. Note that all nocturnal clubs such as Neo-Black Movement, Eiye, Maphite, Buccaneer, Female Amazon, Jezebel, Black Bra, and other clubs of such are BANNED.
7. All social activities must be carried out with permission from the Dean of Students in
accordance with the rules & regulation laid down by the University.
8. Manhandling of a staff by any student will attract maximum sanction.
9. Only bonafide (Registered) students of the University are allowed to live in the halls of
10. Students must reside only in the rooms allocated to them without exchanging or
11. No students is allowed to SELL or TRANSFER his/her bed space and squatting in any form is NOT allowed.
12. All students must carry the hall IDENTITY CARD at all times and must be prepared to
show it on demand by any hall official.
13. Students must not bring into the halls of residence PETS and HEAVY ELECTRICAL GADGETS such as HOT PLATE, ELECTRIC KETTLE, WASHING MACHINE, DRIER, TOASTERS, GRILLS, IMMERSION HEATER, REFRIGERATOR, CURLING IRON, MICROWAVE OVEN, GAS CYLINDER and GAS COOKER.
14. Cooking is NOT permitted in the room but in UTILITY room.
15. Fighting, stealing and activities such as shouting, loud music that constitute disturbance to others in the halls ARE HIGHLY PROHIBITED.
16. VISITORS are NOT allowed into students‟ room. VISITORS are RESTRICTED to the
COMMON ROOMS, between the hours of 4pm-6pm daily.
17. It is mandatory for students to clean their rooms. OUTSIDE BATHING and “SHORTPUTING” are highly prohibited.
18. All complaints should be lodged with the porter or any hall official.
19. Hanging of clothes on hand railings of the hall ways or room railings inside the hostel is
20. No defacing, writing, or posting of bills on walls, tree, electric poles etc. in and around the hostel and school premises.
21. POURING of WATER from upper floor/hall ways downstairs is prohibited.
22. The use of NAKED LIGHT such as candle and TAMPERING WITH DOOR LOCK ARE PROHIBITED.
23. Privacy, security and individual rights of students must be respected.
24. Students are required to pack their belongings, return keys and other University properties
at the close of semester/session. Any property left behind will be at the students own risk.
25. All students must vacate halls of residence at the appointed date of evacuation released by the University.
NB: Breach of any of the above rules and regulation will attract serious disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by the University.
Open this link to view the official document uploaded by the University’s Management.