The University of Benin in short “UNIBEN” Diploma in Maritime and ICT Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session has been released, and interested can now purchase the form. The programme duration of the UNIBEN Diploma in the Maritime and ICT programme is 12 months.
About the UNIBEN 2020/2021 Diploma in Maritime and ICT Admission Form
The University of Benin, Benin City, has a center for maritime studies, information and communication technology (ICT). This Centre, and runs on a two Full-time Diploma in Maritime Studies, information, and communication technology (ICT).
The course possesses adequate professional and academic content, in other to come up with manpower for the promotion of staff proficiency, capacity building, and performance in the Seaports, Shipping, Oil, and ICT sectors of the economy for middle and top management positions.
Applications are expected to be invited from all suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-time Two-year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and communication technology (ICT).
The runs a two-year full-time Diploma in the following Courses:
- Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- Marine Drilling and Production Technology
- Industrial Welding and Fabrication Technology
- Computing and Computer Technology.
Furthermore, the center also runs a professional course at Advanced certificate. The courses are stated as follows:
- Oil and Gas Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering and Naval Architecture
- marine and Naval architecture Engineering,
- Oil Field Development and Subsea Engineering.
The Duration of this is 12months. And waivers can be offered to desiring candidates.
- Graduates that are from center shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly in Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other agencies in the maritime and ICT industries.
- There is no entrance examination for this programme
- The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a direct entry qualification in the University of Benin into 200 level for all engineering programmes and degree programme in the faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology, and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
- The programme serves as capacity building for the academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and tradition.
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING: Students are expected to undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second years of the programme.
Admission Requirements for Diploma
- Are expected to possess credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and any other subject at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- City and guilds (part 1) in any of the areas of Engineering
- Possess a qualification that is equivalent to any of the above.
Admission Requirements for Advance Certificate
- Eng. in any Engineering Programs
- Sc. in any Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics or the Equivalent)
- HND in any Engineering programs
- HND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Marine Engineering, Nautical studies/ICT PROGRAMS)
- Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- OND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Mathematics, Navigation, and Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- OND in any Engineering Program
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to go to the website of myuniben.org then click on an application to initiate the online application process by printing the application fee slip of the sum of N12, 500.00 (Twelve Thousand, five hundred nairas, Only) and then proceed to any commercial bank of their choice in other to make the payment through Remita platform. Thereafter, candidates are required to go back to the same website in other to complete their application online.
Candidates are expected to make sure that the form is clearly filled with all the information that is required on or before 31st January 2021. Any application Form not properly filled will not be attended to.