This is to inform the public about the University of Benin “UNIBEN” Degree Admission Requirements for the 2024/2025 Academic Session. University of Benin (UNIBEN) have several degree admission requirements, and you will need to meet these requirements as an applicant to be considered for admission.
You need to keep in mind that specific programs may have additional requirements. The university is among one of the oldest institutes in Nigeria.
University of Benin (UNIBEN) Degree Admission Requirements for the 2024/2025 Academic Session
The university was founded in 1970 as the Midwest Institute of Technology. It has since grown into a comprehensive university with thousands of students enrolled in various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university is located in Benin City, Edo State, and is known for its academic excellence and vibrant student life.
UNIBEN Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To be considered for undergraduate admission at UNIBEN, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a senior secondary school certificate with at least five credits in subjects relevant to your chosen course.
- You must pass the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination and meet the cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Also, pass the UNIBEN screening test for your chosen course of study. Depending on your course of study, there might be more specific requirements that you must meet.
UNIBEN Full-Time Undergraduate Admission Requirements
For full-time undergraduate admission, UNIBEN requires that you meet the general requirements I mentioned earlier, as well as the following additional requirements:
- You must be under age 21 at the time of admission and must also have a minimum of five credits at the O-level, including English, mathematics, and three other relevant subjects.
- You must have at least met the Jamb points on the JAMB examination and score up to the specified points on the UNIBEN Post-UTME examination.
- You must have a letter of reference from a teacher or school counsellor, which might be optional.
JAMB Admission Requirements
The minimum JAMB score required for admission to UNIBEN varies by course of study. Generally, however, most courses require a minimum score of 200. The minimum score is higher in some cases, such as medicine and surgery.
It is important to remember that meeting the minimum JAMB score is just one part of the admission process and does not guarantee admission.
Direct-Entry Admission Requirements
UNIBEN also offers direct-entry admission for students who have completed a diploma or other post-secondary qualification. For direct-entry admission, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have at least five credits at the O-level, including English, mathematics, and three other relevant subjects.
- Also, a minimum upper credit grade in a relevant or higher national diploma (HND) program is required.
- Letter of reference from the school where you completed your diploma or HND program.
- You may also be required to submit a research proposal or an essay for your chosen course of study.
Inter-University Transfer Degree Admission Requirements
For students applying for inter-university transfer to UNIBEN, the following requirements must be met:
- Have completed a minimum of two semesters at a recognized university.
- You must have a minimum CGPA specified by the university, usually a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale in your previous institution.
- Have a letter of recommendation from your previous institution.
- A letter of approval from the registrar of your previous institution.
- Ensuring you meet all other admission requirements for your chosen course of study at UNIBEN.
UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Admission Requirements
The part-time degree programs at UNIBEN are designed for working professionals who wish to further their education. As a student looking for Part-Time admission, here are some of the requirements which must be met:
- Five minimum credits at the O-level, including English, mathematics, and three other relevant subjects.
- A lower credit or higher in a relevant diploma or HND program
- Must be employed in a full-time position for at least two years.
- A letter of reference from your employer.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The admission requirements for UNIBEN’s postgraduate programs vary depending on the program you are applying for. However, some of the general requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Your transcript shows the courses you have taken and the grades you have received.
- A statement of purpose outlining your reasons for pursuing a postgraduate degree.
- GRE or GMAT scores, if required by your chosen program.
UNIBEN Full-Time Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Full-time postgraduate programs in UNIBEN typically require the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA specified by the university.
- Transcript showing the courses you have taken and the grades you have received.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from your former professors.
- Statement of purpose or motivation letter outlining why you are interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree.
- If required by the program, GRE or GMAT scores
Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate
A postgraduate diploma or certificate at UNIBEN is designed to help students develop specific skills or knowledge in their chosen field. These programs typically last one or two years, depending on the subject. To be able to apply for a spot graduate program in UNIBEN, you will need to ensure that you meet the requirements specified.
Master’s Degree Programme
The master’s degree program at UNIBEN is a great program that is designed to help you with the advanced knowledge and skills you will need in your chosen fields. These programs typically last two years and require a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA specified by the school.
Also, you must ensure you are eligible to apply by meeting the requirements.
Doctoral Degree (PhD) Programme
The UNIBEN doctoral degree program is great for those who want to pursue advanced research in their chosen field. These programs typically last three to four years and require a master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.25 (4.00 scale).
The admission requirements for these programs are more stringent than for other programs, such as the master’s degree program.
UNIBEN Part-Time Postgraduate Degree Admission Requirements
The UNIBEN part-time postgraduate degree programs are designed for working professionals who want to further their education without leaving their jobs. For admission to a part-time program, UNIBEN typically requires:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA specified by the university and a letter of motivation explaining your reasons for pursuing the part-time degree.
- Letter of recommendation from your employer, if applicable.
In conclusion, UNIBEN has a variety of programs available to students who want to further their education. The specific admission requirements for each program vary but typically include a completed application form, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a letter of motivation.
It is important to check the specific requirements for the program you want to apply for.
Also, Check Out;
- Full List of Art Courses Offered in UNIBEN 2024/2025
- Full List of Degree Courses Offered in University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Full List of University of Benin (UNIBEN) Courses for Science Students