This is to inform the general public about the UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology Scholarship Award 2021 for Nigerian Students. Details about the Scholarship are given below.
About the UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology Scholarship Award 2021
UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology (UNESCO ICB) is calling for applications from students currently registered in a tertiary academic institution in Nigeria. Each successful applicant will receive an award for one academic year towards tuition fees, accommodation, books, and living expenses.
Value of Award: Per annum, there are 3 categories of award, and for each category, there are 15 scholarships which include 5 awards for each of the Centre’s thematic areas – food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation:
- Final Year Bachelor’s Degree scholarship (15 awards)
- Master’s Degree scholarship (15 awards), and
- PhD Scholarship (15 awards).
Number of Awards: 45
- Evidence that the students currently registered in a tertiary academic institution in Nigeria for the category of award applied.
- Course of study is biotechnology or biotechnology-related disciplines including agriculture, biosciences bioengineering, etc. relevant to the Centre’s thematic areas – food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation.
- The current cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is at least 2nd Class Upper (2:1) at the time of application or the most recently completed degree for MSc and Ph.D. students.
- Preference will be given to First Class students and/or those at the top of their class.
- Not more than one (1) award per scholarship category per thematic area from any academic institution. For instance, more than one (1) award may not be made for MSc Scholarship in Tropical Diseases from one institution.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using “Application for 2020 Scholarship” as the subject of the mail.
Documents Required for Application;
Each application must include the following documents:
- Motivation letter by the student
- Copies of current student ID and admission letter
- Copies of current certificates and academic transcripts, andSupporting letter from current Head of Department (HOD) on official letterhead, confirming the students’ academic status
- Candidates must ensure that their complete applications are received by the deadline.
- Incomplete applications and those received after the deadline will not be considered.
October 15, 2021.