The United Nations Development Programme Centre for Technology and sustainable development have announced the COVID-19 detect and Protect Challenge. The UNDP Covid-19 detect and protect challenge 2020 is available for all candidates who have found the incentive to engage or participate in the challenge.
About the 2020 UNDP COVID-19 Detect and Protect Challenge
The fight or war against the pandemic is at its peak and due to this fact, the United Nations Development Program in conjunction with the hackters.io which is an Advent Company and the largest online open-source technology hardware community have both decided to take action by organizing the challenge.
They have both partnered together to launch the Covid 19 Detect and Protect Challenge to Create open-source technology that developing Countries can leverage on in the fight or battle against the global pandemic.
Eligibility Criteria’s and Requirements for the Program
There are eligibility Criteria’s and requirements to be met before you can participate in the UNDP COVID-19 Detect and Protect Challenge 2020. These Requirements are split into the general requirements and the project requirement, and the eligibility criteria’s determine whether you are qualified enough to participate in the competition. Below are the Eligibility Criteria and the Requirements for the UNDP Covid 19 Detect and Protect Challenge 2020.
- All candidates must be at least 13 years of age
- All applicants must not be involved in the execution or administration of the contest
- All applicants must ensure that they are not an immediate famous member or household member of a hacker employee
- All applicants must be registered as a participant of the contest
- Your entry must be your own original work
- Your entry must not have been selected as a winner in any other huckster contest
- Your team can be of any size
- Your project must be easy to replicate a low-cost open-source solution to detect or protect Covid 19 In developing countries
You should be aware of the fact that by entering a submission for this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative at the authorized to act on behalf of the team
Project Documentation Requirements
- Your project must be an inclusion of a project name, project description, cover image, bill of materials, full instructions, image and relevant resource fields.
- Your project must be written in English.
- Your project must be submitted by June 30, 2020
Application Processes for the Program
We would be giving you a detailed explanation of the application processes for the UNDP Covid 19 Protect and Challenge 2020. The processes would contain the necessary instructions and steps to successfully apply and participate in the UNDP Covid 19 protect and Challenge 2020. Below are the UNDP Covid 19 protect and Challenge processes;
- You are to start by creating a free account by clicking here
- Then register for the contest by clicking on “Register as a Participants “ which would be on the contest page
- Then build your project according to the submission requirements
- Document your project build with the use of the huckster project template
- Review your project and make sure it is in alignment with all the submission requirements
- Upload a previous as a created project by clicking “add existing Project “ on the contest page.
Ensure that you submit your project by June 30, 2020, by checking the “Review and Submit Project on the Contest Page”.
Your participation in the challenge must not violate any of these rules;
- Your entry must be of your own original work
- Your entry mustn’t have been selected as a winner in any other hacker’s contest
- You ensure that you must have obtained all approvals and license to submit your entry
- Your entry must not include any third party, trademarks and copyrighted materials
- You must ensure that your entry complies with your employer gift policies
Your project must not be an inclusion of the following;
- Content that is sexually explicit
- Content that is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic
- Content that is pornographic
- Contain that promotes illegal drugs or weapons or a particular political agenda
- Content that is offensive..
- Content that violates the law
- Content that defames or contains disparaging remarks about other people.
- Content that communicates messages or images that is not positive