The University of Ibadan in short “UI” Notice to Graduands on 2020 Convocation Ceremony has been released, and interested candidates should expect more details below.
About the UI Notice to Graduands on 2020 Convocation Ceremony
The University of Ibadan (UI) congratulates graduands on the successful completion of their course at the university. Graduation is a very important aspect of life, therefore; students are to read this notice carefully.
UI Notice to Graduands
We congratulate graduands on the successful completion of their programmes at the University. Graduation is a very important milestone in your life. Therefore, please read this notice very carefully:
- The Attendance at the International Conference Centre is now opened to all the graduands only. Parents and visitors would not be allowed to enter the campus neither will any party go on or social gathering during the period. All the graduands are expected to comply strictly with COVID-19 protocols, along with the wearing of face masks, physical distancing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Parents, guardians and visitors are expected to log on to connect to the Convocation proceedings making use of any of the following links: www.ui.edu.ng
Zoom – Meeting ID: 975 1606 8150
YouTube and Facebook – University of Ibadan 2020 Convocation Ceremonies
- Graduands are expected to retrieve their academic outfits before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment for the following:
- The hiring of Undergraduate Academic outfit – N3,000 (Three Thousand Naira only).
- The hiring of Master’s Academic outfit – N3,000 (Three Thousand Naira only).
- Purchase of Ph.D. Academic outfit – N25,200 (Twenty Five Thousand, Two Hundred Naira only).
- School fees containing the appropriate Graduation Levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree, and Higher Degree.
- Separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy. The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
all the graduands are required to pay the levies as stated above or they would not be offered access into the convocation ceremony.
- Graduands are expected to follow the steps stated below to make the payment for Hiring of Academic Outfits as listed in (3) above.
- First, log on to www.remita.net.
- Then click ‘Pay’ FGN and State TSA’.
- Click ’FGN’: Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Find the University of Ibadan -1000107.
- Choose the service type: University of Ibadan Fees.
- Select Hiring of Academic Gown Fee.
- Enter the amount, narratives for the payment i.e. being payment for Hiring of Academic Gown Fee for 2020 Graduation.
- Generate the Remita Retrieval Reference invoice
- After that, make the payment online using your ATM Card or Print out the Remita Retrieval Invoice to make a cash payment in any commercial bank of your choice.
- Print out the online Receipt of payment (the name of bank ATM that you used for the online transaction should be stated) and present to the Treasury Office of the University to collect the University receipt.
- After that Present the Remita Retrieval Invoice and the bank teller that you used for cash payment to the Treasury Office of the University to collect University Receipt.
- All the Graduands are required to make payment of a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective Faculty Officers for the academic outfits.
- The Academic outfits, Notices, and Order of Proceedings (if available) will be given to students on the presentation of the appropriate receipts, at the graduands’ respective Faculties and Postgraduate College, as the case may be. Note that the Academic Outfits is not to be distributed at the venue of Convocation.
- The Academic outfits are to be returned nothing later than 48 hours after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will lead to a fine of (Five Hundred Naira) only per day.
- Any damage done/caused to the convocation outfit/gown would attract a payment of N6,000 for the gown, N3,000 for the hood, and N3,000 for the cap.
- Graduands that would not return the academic outfit will not collect their certificate until they fulfill the requirements stated above.
- Robing of graduands has been scheduled to start at 7.00 a.m. each day at the venue of the ceremony. Therefore, graduands that are advised to be at the International Conference Centre at 7.00 a.m. on each day students are to ensure that they are properly robed. Please note that graduands that are not robbed will not be allowed to enter the main hall. Rather, they will be expected to sit in the Gallery. The Faculty Officers would be seated with graduands of their Faculty in other to make sure of orderliness during the ceremony. The tassels (cord) of the caps is to be worn to the right for First Degree Graduands and they will be asked to move the tassels from the right to the left, at one time during the ceremony, the Vice-Chancellor states that declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan. Higher Degree recipients are expected to put on wear their tassels to the left since they are already First-Degree Holders.
- Students are expected to note that there will be no handshake with the Vice-Chancellor. Female graduands are required to display courtesy, while male graduands will bow but are not expected to take off their caps.
- Female graduands are required to hold their caps in place using hairpins.
- Graduands are required to enter the International Conference Centre using the back gate. They shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the Hall on each of the days.
- Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be on the seat in the section provided for them in the Hall.
- Graduands that happens to be nursing mothers are expected to be seated in the gallery for their own convenience.
- Graduands are all required to maintain a solemn atmosphere all through the program.
- Graduands are all required to be on their feet when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem is being sung or played. Graduands would be requested to be ordered and wait until the end of the Ceremony.
- For the acceptable format of dressing for the ceremony graduands should go to the University of Ibadan website (www.ui.edu.ng).
- All the Graduands should note that the convocation ceremony is a solemn one. Therefore, going in and out of the hall during the ceremony will not be tolerated.