This is to inform the general public about the University of Ibadan “UI” Revised Academic Calendar for the Continuation of the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Details about the academic calendar are given below.
University of Ibadan Academic Calendar for 2023/2024 Session
University of Ibadan (UI) management has released the newly adjusted and approved academic calendar for the 2023/2024 academic session. All students of the institution mentioned earlier are to ensure they take note of the new academic calendar given below.
University of Ibadan Academic First Semester Calendar
- Online Registration for both Fresh and Returning Students begins on Mon, 21st August 2023.
- Orientation Programme for New Entrants is scheduled for Wed, 23rd August to Thurs, 24th August 2023.
- An 11-week Teaching/Revision Session will commence from Mon, 28th August and conclude on Fri, 10th November 2023. The Matriculation Ceremony is earmarked for Tues, 12th September 2023.
- A week will be dedicated to finalising the Continuous Assessment from Mon, 13th November to Fri, 17th November 2023.
- GES Examinations are to be held from Mon, 20th November to Fri, 24th November 2023.
- Examinations for students in Faculties such as Education, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Basic Medical Sciences, Public Health, and Environmental Design and Management are from Mon, 27th November to Fri, 8th December 2023.
- Arts, Science, the Social Sciences, Economics & Management Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine Faculties will conduct their examinations between Mon, 4th December and Fri, 15th December 2023, marking the end of the First Semester.
UI Second Semester Academic Calendar
- The Teaching Period spans 11 weeks, from Mon, 3rd January to Fri, 15th March 2024.
- Two weeks, from Mon, 29th January to Fri, 9th February 2024, are allocated for Processing of First Semester Examination Results.
- Faculty Boards of Examiners Meetings to discuss the First Semester Non-Final Year Results are scheduled from Mon, 12th February to Fri, 23rd February 2024. This will be followed by the Senate Meeting on the matter from Tue, 5th March to Thurs, 7th March 2024.
- Continuous Assessment finalisation is set for the week beginning Mon, 18th March and ending Fri, 22nd March 2024.
- The GES Examinations are planned for Mon, 25th March to Fri, 29th March 2024.
- Examinations in the faculties mentioned in the first semester will take place from Mon, 1st April to Fri, 12th April 2024 and Mon, 8th April to Fri, 19th April 2024 respectively.
- Result processing will last two weeks from Mon, 22nd April to Fri, 3rd May 2024.
- Faculty Boards of Examiners Meetings (considering both Final and Non-Final Year Results) are scheduled from Mon, 6th May to Fri, 17th May 2024. The Senate will then convene to deliberate on these results from Mon, 27th May to Wed, 29th May 2024.
Also, Check Out;