This informs the public about the Uganda Press Photo Award 2023 for Photojournalists & Photographers. Details about the Program are given below.
About Uganda Press Photo Award 2023
We hope to encourage photographers to reflect on more nuanced subjects and events more deeply and unleash their storytelling. Images submitted may be on any topic so long as they relate clearly to the theme and at least 50% have been made in the last year.
- The contest is restricted to citizens of Uganda 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between August 1st 2021 and August 1st 2023, and must be submitted by August 1st 2023. This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 2 bodies of work. For each work a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted.
- ENTRY IS FREE.
- The jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Prizes will be awarded for each place .
- The jury reserves the right not to award any or all prizes. All decisions by the jury will be final .
- By entering the competition the photographer confirms that they are the original author of the image(s) and that they own the rights to all the images they enter into this competition, or if they are an employee of a media organisation they have all necessary permissions from their organisation .
- Winning entries, with explicit permission from the photographer, can be part of our annual exhibition.
- Employees of FOTEA/UPPA, Visura, the judging panel and any family members cannot enter the contest.
- Employees of Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES), FOTEA/UPPA and the judging panel will not enter into dialogue with entrants.
- With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Make sure for each photograph submitted you have a printable copy saved as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organisers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published.) in the EXIF data/metadata.
- Remember the theme for this year’s Uganda Press Photo Award is ‘BEYOND THE HEADLINES’ so any images submitted should be in response to that theme.
Uganda Press Photo Award 2023 Application
For those interested in Uganda Press Photo Award 2023. Open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 1 August 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Uganda Press Photo Award 2023.