This is to inform the general public and all interested candidates about the UCH Ibadan Post-Basic Occupational Health Nursing Course Admission Form for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. The application form for University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan for its Post Basic Occupational Health Nursing Course for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Table of Contents
About the UCH Ibadan Post-Basic Occupational Health Nursing Course Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
The management of the University College Hospital (UCH) is currently inviting applications from candidates who are suitably qualified for admission for a 1 year fulltime course in Occupational Health Nursing beginning from November 2020 that will lead to the award of certification and licensing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as Registered Occupational Health Nurse (ROHN).
The course is made for the purpose of equipping Registered Nurses (RN) with the theoretical underpinnings and skills that is necessary for becoming competent Occupational Health Nurses in conserving, promoting, and restoring the health of individuals and groups in different workplaces.
To gain admission into the University College of Health (UCH), Ibadan, interested applicants are required by the management to meet certain eligibility requirements. Below are the criteria to be eligible for admission:
- Applicants are required to be Registered Nurses (RN)who have a current practice license of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Applicants are expected to have a minimum of five(5) credit passes including Mathematics English Language, Physics, Biology, Chemistry from WAEC, or NECO O’ level examinations obtained at not more than two sittings and have a minimum of one(1) year post qualification experience as a General Nurse.
- Applicants are required to have the approval for one year(1) of release from employers or any other training schools.
- Applicants are not supposed to be involved in another course or employment during training as the course will be offered as both residential and full time. The school reserves the right to rusticate any student that is found wanting of having involvement with any other course or employment without refunding of paid fees.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can get the application form through the UCH School’s Portal via https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng/. Individuals interested in applying are to carry out the following instructions:
- A non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) is required. Applicants are to make payment through any commercial bank into University College Hospital, Ibadan T.S.A. Account-School of Occupational Health Nursing. Candidates are to change the bank teller to receipt at UCH Accounts Department.
- Applicants are to pay the sum of Two Hundred Naira (N200.00) only into the Oyo State Nursing and Midwifery Committee Account, First Bank Plc. 2019704292.
- Candidates are expected to present both the UCH receipt and the First Bank teller for the payment of N200.00 at the School of Occupational Health Nursing in order to get a Scratch Card with Pin to log in to the website for online application submission.
- Visit the portal on https: / /portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng and download the Applicants’ User Guide and enter the PIN that is on your Scratch Card. This will enable you to log in and create an account.
- Carry out the instructions given on the Applicants’ User Guide to enable you to input your data and submit your application online.
- Applicants are required to print two copies of their application form and Photo Card and submit them at the School of Occupational Health Nursing for authentication.
The following are the details for the entrance examination:
Date: Saturday 10th October 2020
Venue: West Midlands CBT Centre, Akande Hall, Ajibode, Behind University of Ibadan
Important Note: Applicants/candidates should take note of the following
- Only candidates who have their Photo Cards authenticated (stamped and signed) by the School of Occupational Health Nursing will be given permission to enter the examination venue.
- The only candidates that will be invited for an interview or considered for selection the following interviews are those that attain the acceptable standard by the School.
Note: Because of the COVID 19 related Nationwide Inter-State/Inter-City lockdown, potential applicants after paying for the admission forms are advised to contact the heads of their intended schools through the following telephone numbers to help them in submitting their payment receipt/tellers online and obtain Pin Code to login into UCH Admission Portal. These are the numbers:
- Principal, School of Nursing – 08131733574 / 08034007592
- Coordinator, School of Occupational Health Nursing – 08131733575 / 08034277770
- Coordinator, Perioperative Nursing School – 08131733576 / 08036195741
The application closes on 5th October 2020.