This is to inform the public about the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students. Details about the Essay Competition are given below.
About the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2021
The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Topic: What is the role of technology in educating the African youth?
SELECTION CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Must be in senior secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate National ID or Passport.
- 1st prize winner N3,000,000 Educational grant to any African University
- 2nd prize winner N2,500,000 Educational grant to any African University
- 3rd prize winner N2,000,000 Educational grant to any African University
Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists in the 2nd round of the competition.
Please note that all incomplete and/or duplicate entries will be disqualified
How to Apply:
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
October 29th, 2021.
Visit The UBA Official Website For More Information