This informs the public about the TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023. Details about the Program are given below.
About TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in a field of the natural and related applied sciences in the departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Türkiye and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- Information on the application, evaluation and implementation of the Fellowship is detailed in the “2216B TUBITAK TWAS_2023 Call for Applications” document that can be downloaded below.
- Applications to the Fellowship must be submitted online only via the TÜBİTAK online application system through TYBS that is accessible HERE. However, before accessing the online application form via TYBS, candidates must first create a profile on the platform of the TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS) that is available at https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr.
- The Fellowships are tenable at the departments and laboratories of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South (https://twas.org/developing-countries-south).
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging countries (STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply. For the list of STLC, please see https://twas.org/66-countries.
NB. Developing countries that are not in the list are also eligible to apply.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Turkey or any developed country;
- Be employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there. Applicants must provide a Supporting Statement from the head/director of the applicant’s current employer according to the format of TÜBİTAK (see sample that can be downloaded below or from TÜBİTAK’s online application website). The supporting statement is to support the candidate’s application and prove that s/he will be given leave if awarded.
- Hold a PhD degree in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields specified above);
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter (see sample that can be downloaded below or from TÜBİTAK’s online application website) from an eligible department, institution or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey, or TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- NB. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s) in Turkey, and NOT to TÜBİTAK. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection. The acceptance letter must be signed by the highest authority of the chosen host institute. The maximum number of academic advisors in Turkey can be 2 (two).
- Candidates who received their PhD from a university in Turkey are required to receive an acceptance letter from a university other than the one where they received their doctorate degree, and carry out their research with an academic advisor(s) other than their doctoral thesis advisor.
- Provide the Research proposal form prepared in the format determined by TÜBİTAK (see sample that can be downloaded below or from TÜBİTAK’s online application website);
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English. If the medium of education was not English: provide evidence in English, e.g. standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a University-issued letter certifying the knowledge of the language. If the medium of education was English, please write a brief statement indicating what type of education was in English, e.g. high school, BSc or MSc degrees, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members;
- Not have previously received or been awarded a fellowship under this programme;
- Must return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 Application
For those interested in TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023. Open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 25 December 2023.
Open this link for more details about TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023.