The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 is now open to applications from interested individuals. The fellowship is looking forward to a scientist from countries that are still developing, who wishes to chase much-advanced research in the biotechnology at the national center for genetic engineering and biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
TWAS-BIOTEC postdoctoral fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and allied with a young scientist from a developing country aside Thailand to strengthen them in the pursuit of advance research in biotechnology. BIOTEC is looking forward to 3 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of
- molecular biology
- molecular genetics
- molecular Immunology
- medical technology
- cell culture technology and
- bioprocess technology.
Details of the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020
Opportunity type: Scholarships and fellowships
Deadline for application: 31 August 2020
To be taken at: Thailand
Available to: developing countries
The host of the fellowship: TWAS-BIOTEC
Benefits of the Fellowship program: BIOTEC would offer successful candidate monthly allowances that will further cover the cost of living such as accommodation and food. With this, you should be fully focused and ready for the fellowship.
Eligibility Requirements of the Programme
Applicants interested in the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be a citizen of a developing country other than Thailand
- must not hold a visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any country that is developed
- must hold a PhD degree in any of the field stated below; molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or disciplines related to these
- must have applied for the fellowship within the first three years of acquiring your PhD degree in the field of the natural sciences stated above
- must not be 40 and above during the day they submit their application. NB. Let’s say an applicant turns 40 on June 15, the applicants should make sure not to submit the application any date later than June 15.
- Must be employed regularly at a research or teaching institution in their home country where they must be currently on a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance letter issued to them from BIOTEC. In contacting BIOTEC, all applicants are required to accompany their request for an acceptance letter including a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, a doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three letters of recommendation
- Must provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not in English.
- Provide evidence that on completion of the program, he or she would go back to his or her home country
- Not take up other assignments aside the one carried out by the fellowship during the period of the fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any family member accompanying you.
How to Apply for the Programme
Applicants are expected to submit the acceptance letter offered to them by BIOTEC research support division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered. Follow this link for more details concerning how to apply.