Applying for a truck driver job in Canada is a good idea as this kind of job will also offer visa sponsorship and the details are given here. As a truck driver aspiring to work in Canada there are things you need to know about your job and such things you will find in this article.
These include the requirements you will need to meet as a truck driver, the benefits that are attached to this job and so on.
Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship; What to Know
Being a trucker driver may not be a luxurious job but you can still get satisfaction and reward from it, if you like moving from place to place and love driving and taking in scenery you will enjoy this job.
Though this job is not fun and games it also has a relaxing effect. As a skilled truck driver, you can get a job that will also offer you visa sponsorship.
– Who is a Truck Driver
A truck driver is a person who earns living driving trucks which are used to transport goods and materials on land. A truck driver typically transports goods from wholesalers to retailers and works various shifts either night or day, part-time or full-time. it’s no doubt a truck driver provides a very important service to various industries.
Responsibilities of a Person Working Full Time or Part-time Jobs in Canada as a Truck Driver with Visa Sponsorship
A truck driver can work either full-time or part-time and this comes with some responsibilities like maintaining the trucks assigned to you. Here are some responsibilities that you will have while working as a truck driver in Canada with Visa sponsorship.
- Driving long distances to deliver goods.
- Having to load and unload goods or cargo
- Record cargo or goods delivered.
- Clean and refuel trucks when needed.
- Follow the traffic laws
- Inspect trucks, record any issues and follow accident procedures.
- Plan routes through GPS and also deliver goods to clients on time.
Benefits of Working as a Canadian Truck Driver with Visa Sponsorship
There are benefits attached to working as a truck driver especially when working in Canada with Visa sponsorship. This job may not be luxurious but its benefits may be what you need.
- You get medical and dental coverage
- Pension plans and RRSP
- Life insurance
- Job security
- High pay
- You have flexible working hours
- Provide benefits to family members.
Type of Visa to Apply for to Get a Canada Truck Driver Visa Sponsorship Job
To be able to work in Canada you will need a visa and there is a certain visa as a truck driver can apply for. These visa programs are as follows
– Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The temporary foreign worker program is one of the programs available to you as a truck driver. With this program, you will be able to work in the country. This program caters for areas where there are labour shortages in Canada.
If you are to apply using this program the Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA is an important part of the hiring process, this shows that as a foreign worker you are needed as no citizen or permanent resident is available to fill the job.
– Atlantic Immigration Pilot
This program is made for skilled workers who want to work as permanent residents in one of Canada’s provinces. The American immigration pilot has three other programs under such as Atlantic International Graduate Program, Atlantic high skilled program and Atlantic intermediate skilled program. You can apply using this program if it suits your needs.
– Provincial Nominee Program
This program is also to help solve the labour market shortages in provinces in Canada. With this program, you can decide to work with any of the eleven participating provinces and territories in Canada.
This program is okay is a truck driver is also a job that there is a shortage of workers for in the country. If you apply using this program and are successful you will be nominated to be considered for residency.
Requirements to Apply for a Canada Truck Driver Visa Sponsorship Jobs
To be able to work in Canada as a truck driver you will need to meet the requirements of the country. Some of such requirements include the following:
- A secondary or high school diploma
- Heavy duty driving skill
- The ability to communicate in English.
- A valid driver’s license either a class A or 1 as well as an Air brake (Z) endorsement.
- Pass the basic security check such as medical, security clearance, background check etc.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada and also willing to operate in a team
- Be willing to drive throughout the country during the day, night and so on.
Where to Find Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
How do you find a truck driver job in Canada that offer visa sponsorship, well this is simple and can be done from the comfort of your home. You will need an internet connection and a browsing phone or laptop and search online where different options will pop up or visit the website below.
How to Apply for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Here are step-by-step procedures to follow in order to apply for a truck driver job with a Visa sponsorship.
- First of all, you will need to visit any of the websites above.
- Once the platforms use the search box available type in truck driver jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
- The search results will appear, select the job listing and make sure you meet the job requirements.
- You will then fill out the application on the website or take it to the employer’s website for you to apply for the job.
- Fill out the form correctly and the employer will notify you once you are accepted.
Also, Check Out;
- How to Immigrate to Canada with Employment Visa
- How to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical/Electronics Engineer
- Canada Work Visa Details, Types, Requirements, FAQs and How to Apply
- 11 Top Canada International Scholarships that You can Apply for this Year