The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 is now inviting applications from all interested applicants. The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) – Africa’s leading philanthropy is based on empowering African entrepreneurs that are looking forward to the most innovative business ideas found across Africa.
About the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2021
The TEF Entrepreneurship program happens to be an open entrepreneur from across Africa, either with a new startup idea or businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years, operating in any sector. Applicants that are successful would be required to be a part of the 9,000 current beneficiaries, from over 54 African countries, and get the chance to be offered business training, mentoring, a non-refundable $5,000 of seed capital, and global networking opportunities.
The program happens to be a 10-year, $100 million commitment in other to identify, train, mentor, and then fund 10,000 young African entrepreneurs. The aim of the entrepreneurship programme is to bring about the creation of millions of jobs and the revenue required for the sustainable development of the continent, the is implementing the philosophy of Africapitalism, which places the private sector as the engine behind the growth for Africa and emphasizes the importance of creating social and economic wealth.
Students are eligible to apply for the if you have an idea for a business or have started a business that is still under 3 years of existence in any sector and in any of the countries across Africa.
You may stand a chance to be chosen among the current 9631 beneficiaries that is across the 54 countries in Africa to receive
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
- It is open to all the citizens and legal residents of any of one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business is expected to be registered and operate in Africa.
- The applicants applying are expected to be 18 years and older and is expected to not be considered as a minor in their country of residence. No upper limit age restriction is set.
- Outstanding African entrepreneurs that are running existing start-ups with high growth potentials and aspiring business owners with the transformative ideas
- Businesses that are expected are to be business ideas or an early-stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
- The applicants are expected to be focused on ONE business only.
- They are particularly looking forward to grow representation from French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers, as well as female entrepreneurs.
- The program is not available to open research institutions, faith-based organizations, value-adding trading companies, government contractors, and businesses that are not in Africa. All the Businesses are expected to not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. All the Business ideas are expected to be for-profit and must be an Original work of those making the submission.
Applications are carried out through TEFConnect, the digital networking hub for the African entrepreneurship ecosystem, that was created by the foundation.
Click this link to apply.
March 31, 2021